Have you heard of the Disney Food Challenge? If not, it’s essentially a list of certain popular foods in the parks, and once you eat them, you get a point. Sounds easy enough, right? I mean, how many of us snack on popcorn, corn dog nuggets, Mickey-shaped pretzels, and dole whip on our trip already? But be warned – this Disney Food Challenge is A LOT harder than it sounds.
Here’s everything you need to know about completing the Disney Food Challenge, as well as some top-secret information on one of the coolest snacks to ever come to Magic Kingdom!
What’s the Disney Food Challenge?
So…what exactly is the Disney Food Challenge again? And why is it so hard to find information about it online?
The Disney Food Challenge is one of those things created by the Disney community – and there are tons of variations on it, which makes finding one “true” Disney Food Challenge so….well, challenging. This is from some of my personal favorites across Disney World property.
Here’s what’s on the Disney Food Challenge list, broken down by theme park and Disney World Resort hotel. Remember, each thing is worth three (3) points.
- Dole Whip (Aloha Isle)
- Mickey Pretzel (various carts)
- Cake Pops (Main Street Bakery, Starbucks)
- Cat Tail (Cheshire Café)
- Cheeseburger Spring Roll (Cart at Adventureland Entrance)
- Dine with Cinderella (Cinderella’s Royal Table)
- Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich (Sleepy Hollow)
- Giant Cinnamon Roll (Gaston’s Tavern)
- The “Grey Stuff” (Be Our Guest)
- Corn Dog Nuggets (Casey’s Corner)
- Seasonal Dwarf Soft Serve (Storybook Treats)
- Create your Own Popcorn Mix (Main Street Confectionery)
- Mickey’s Kitchen Sink Sundae (Plaza Ice Cream Parlor)
- Liege Waffle (Connections Eatery)
- FREE Coke from Around the World (Club Cool)
- Caramel Popcorn (Karamell-Kuche, Germany)
- Pretzel Bread Pudding (Sommerfest, Germany)
- Cheddar Cheese Soup (Le Cellier Steakhouse, Canada)
- Fish & Chips (Yorkshire County Fish Shop, U.K.)
- Nachos (La Cantina de San Angel, Mexico)
- Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich (L’Artisan des Glaces, France)
- School Bread (Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, Norway)
- Pizza (Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria)
- Funnel Cake (American Pavilion)
- Kakigori Shaved Ice (Kabuki Café, Japan)
- Croissant Donut (Refreshment Port, World Showcase)
- Maple Popcorn (Cart, Canada)
- Blue or Green Milk (Milk Stand, Batuu)
- Lunch Box Tart (Woody’s Lunch Box)
- Jack Jack’s Num Num Cookie (Neighborhood Bakery)
- Fried Pickles (Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater)
- Carrot Cake Cookie (Trolly Car Cafe aka Starbucks)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake (50’s Prime Time Café)
- Wookie Cookie (Backlot Express)
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse (Satu’li Canteen, Pandora)
- Night Blossom (Pongu Pongu, Pandora)
- Mr. Kamal’s Seasoned Fries (Mr. Kamal’s, Asia)
- Simba Sunset (Tamu Tamu Refreshments, Africa)
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Tamu Tamu Refreshments)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork (Flame Tree Barbeque)
- Elephant Ear Pastry (Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery, Africa)
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich (Dino-Bite Snacks)
- Cake Slice the hidden gem no one talks about (Gideons)
- Custom Pizza (Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza)
- Dole Whip Nachos (Swirls on Water)
- Sandwich (Earl of Sandwich)
- Sundae (Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop)
- Gelato (Vivoli il Gelato)
- Kitchen Sink Sundae (Beaches & Cream, Beach Club)
- Mickey Beignets from Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (Port Orleans, French Quarter)
- Tie-Dye Cheesecake (Pop Century Food Court)
- Zebra Dome (The Mara or Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Tonga Toast (Kona Café, Polynesian)
- Bread Service (Sanaa, Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Pineapple Bread Pudding (Ohana’, Polynesian)
There are several other items on this list that aren’t designated to one particular park or resort. Instead, they can be found at most places on Disney property. These items include:
- Caramel Apples
- Disney-Themed Cupcakes
- Cotton Candy
- Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars
- Mickey Rice Krispie Treats
It’s important to keep in mind that you can still participate in the Disney Food Challenge even if you already ate a bunch of stuff mentioned on this list. Just tally up the points for the stuff you already consumed and move forward.
What’s the Goal of Participating in the Disney Food Challenge?
The goal – like most challenges at Disney – is to give you something fun to do that isn’t just taking a ride on Space Mountain.
In all honesty, the parks are getting more and more crowded. There used to be a slump in park attendance right after the holiday season and when kids returned to school, but on my last few visits to the Kingdom, that hasn’t been the case. I mean, the last time I was there, I waited in line for almost two hours for Haunted Mansion. When has ANYONE ever had to wait two hours for an omnimover ride?
This is one of the reasons why participating in a challenge, such as the Disney Food Challenge is so fun because it gives you something to focus on while you’re in line waiting to ride or something to do when the parks hit capacity. And, thanks to mobile ordering, you can enjoy this challenge even more because it cuts back on how long you have to wait in line.
Read more: Things to do Waiting in Line at Disney World
Are There Any Other Disney Challenges?
Yes, there are tons! In addition to the Disney Food Challenge, you can try a tried and true classic: trying to ride ALL of the rides at the park in one day. Or, you can participate in the 4 Park Challenge, which is when you ride one attraction from each of the Disney theme parks and snap a photo in front of them, as well as enjoy a snack and beverage all within the same day. A challenge like this requires a ParkHopper ticket to complete.
You can also try to find all the Hidden Mickeys throughout a park or in a particular land, or do something a bit less complicated like finishing the Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Read more: Hidden Mickeys Magic Kingdom
Truthfully, you can turn anything into a Disney challenge and that’s what I love about them. They can easily be customized by where you plan to be that day and on your family’s unique interests. If let’s say you or your child love to collect Disney pennies, then make it a goal to get one penny from each machine scattered throughout the park.
Or, if you love on-ride photos, challenge yourself to get a good photo on each ride that offers one. After all, trying to get a good ride photo on Pirates of the Caribbean is a challenge as is (hint: the camera goes off right after you pass the skull and crossbones on your left side).
The Disney Food Challenge at Peco Bills Tall Tale Inn and Café
Earlier, we mentioned a secret food item and this is it. It’s called the Nachos Rio Grande Challenge and you won’t find it on the menu. Instead, you have to arrive between 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm and tell a Cast Member that you wish to order them.
Just be warned, it’ll set you back a cool $90, so this is a challenge better suited for a larger group. Once your order is ready, the Cast Members will bring them out in a celebration. It’s cheesy. And over-the-top. And really something so magical that could only happen at Walt Disney World.
…I’m talking about the nachos, of course, not the parade of Cast Members bringing it to your table.
Have You Participated in a Disney Food Challenge?
If so, what did you think of it? And what was your score? We’d love to know! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for all the latest Disney tips, tricks, and trivia.
As a self-proclaimed Mouseketeer, Courtney Dercqu is a fan of all things Disney. Between decorating her desk with souvenirs from the park, to making unique mouse ears and having a dedicated Disney Instagram, Courtney is a true believer in the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation. Having had more than 200 articles published on various content, Courtney’s excited to share her knowledge and experience with everyone! Be sure to follow her on Instagram for all the Disney magic.
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!