Pineapple Dole Whips have become an icon of a Disney Vacation. This famous snack option is a soft-serve, non-dairy, gluten, and vegan work of editable art! So unless you are allergic to pineapple this is a snack you can have! While I would love to claim Disney is responsible for the creation of the Dole Whip its origins actually are from the Dole company. You can visit the Dole Plantation in Hawaii and enjoy the same treat you find at Disney theme parks.
What is a Dole Whip?
If you aren’t familiar Dole Whip is a frozen soft serve treat. It looks like ice cream but the OG pineapple flavor is non-dairy, gluten, and vegan! So it makes it a fantastic treat for all including those with dietary restrictions. Just watch out since many of the places offer dole whip in combination with your traditional diary-filled ice cream. I think it’s popularity is largely based on the fact so many people can enjoy it due to the fact it doesn’t have dairy, plus it doesn’t hurt that it tastes good! (cough, unlike a certain dairy free Star Wars milk at Hollywood Studios)
Where to Find a Dole Whip at Disney World
Gone are the days when you can only get a Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom. There are locations all around Disney World that now serve up Dole Whip and not just the classic pineapple flavor, other flavors have joined in the fun such as Raspberry, Coconut, Strawberry, and more!
Magic Kingdom Dole Whip Flavors
Aloha Isle (Located in Adventureland)
- DOLE Whip
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Pineapple Juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl (Non-alcoholic)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake served with choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- DOLE Whip Raspberry Swirl Float
- DOLE Whip Raspberry Swirl
Storybook Treats (Located in Fantasyland)
- Rapunzel Sundae: Shortcake with DOLE Whip lemon and wild berry soft-serve topped with berry compote and sugar flowers (New)
- Aurora Cone: DOLE Whip strawberry and blue soft-serve topped with white chocolate crisp pearls in a sugar cone (New)
Sunshine Tree Terrace (Located in Adventureland; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip Orange (Available with vanilla soft-serve swirl)
- DOLE Whip Strawberry
- I Lava You Float: Fanta Strawberry and passion fruit flavor served with DOLE Whip orange and topped with popping candy
- Float: DOLE Whip or vanilla soft-serve with your choice of assorted beverages (Non-alcoholic)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dole Whip
Epic Eats (Available through July 31)
- Ember’s Fiery Float: DOLE Whip mango with Chamoy-mango purée and topped with chili-lime seasoning, red bubble sugar, and pineapple juice (Non-alcoholic)
Epcot Dole Whip
Refreshment Outpost (Currently available)
- DOLE Whip
Dole Whip Flavors at Animal Kingdom
If you are spending the day at Animal Kingdom you can pick up a Dole Whip at Tamu Tamu Refreshments, they even have the option to add some rum in! At Epcot, you can find Dole Whips during the festival times, typically at the Refreshment Port just before Canada.
- DOLE Whip
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Pineapple Juice topped with DOLE Whip (Non-alcoholic)
- Simba Sunset: DOLE Whip with strawberry
- King’s Cooler: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and strawberry
- DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Rum
- DOLE Whip Float with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Trilo-Bites Twist: DOLE Whip orange with vanilla soft-serve
Dole Whip at Disney Springs
Swirls on the Water (across from Rainforest Cafe)
- Orange Bird Nest: DOLE Whip orange, whipped cream, and sprinkles served in a waffle bowl (New) (Available through August 13)
- Blood Orange Mimosa Float: Blood orange mimosa, DOLE Whip Orange, and an orange wedge (New) (Available through September 1)
- DOLE Whip Sampler
- DOLE Whip, soft-serve vanilla, and pineapple wedge
- DOLE Whip raspberry, DOLE Whip lemon, and a raspberry
- DOLE Whip orange, DOLE Whip watermelon, and orange wedge
- DOLE Whip Flavors: Orange, watermelon, raspberry, and lemon
- DOLE Whip Float
- DOLE Whip Float with Rum
- DOLE Whip Float with Angry Orchard
Wine Bar George and The Basket (Currently available)
- Frozen Old Fashioned made with DOLE Whip Orange
- Frozcato made with DOLE Whip
- Frozcato Mimosa made with DOLE Whip
Disney Resorts with Dole Whip
BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas (Currently available)
- DOLE Whip Smoothie (Non-alcoholic)
- Captain’s Seaside Sensation with DOLE Whip
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Contempo Café (Currently available; mobile order available)
- DOLE Whip Cupcake: Yellow cupcake filled with DOLE Whip pineapple mousse garnished with a cherry
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Good’s Food to Go (Currently available)
- Key Lime Swirl: DOLE Whip lime and vanilla swirl topped with graham cracker crumbs
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Barefoot Pool Bar and Oasis Bar & Grill (Currently available)
- Frozen Margarita with DOLE Whip Lime: Corazón Blanco Tequila blended with DOLE Whip lime and chili-lime seasoning
- Frosty Pineapple: DOLE Whip with Captain Morgan Private Stock Rum
- The Voyager: DOLE Whip blended with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Bols Blue Curaçao Liqueur, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice
- Olu Mel DOLE Whip: DOLE Whip lime topped with crisp pearls, edible flowers, glitter, and white chocolate ‘Olu Mel décor (Available July 20 through 23)
- DOLE Whip: DOLE Whip or DOLE Whip lime (Currently available)
- Pineapple Float: DOLE Pineapple Juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl (Non-alcoholic) (Currently available)
- DOLE Whip with Rum Floater: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum (Currently available)
Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto (Currently available)
- Spikey Pineapple: Barbancourt Pango Rum blended with DOLE Whip
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Backstretch Pool Bar (Currently available)
- Cherry Blossom Swirl: DOLE Whip cherry and vanilla swirl
How Much Does a Dole Whip Cost?
Prices have been on the up and up at Disney World. Right now a standard cup of Dole Whip costs $4.99. If you would like to opt for a Dole Whip Float that costs $5.99. Keep in mind that the special limited-time treats will cost more than the standard flavors.
As well as Dole Whip served up with alcohol is an additional charge as well. As an example, over at Disney Springs, the DOLE Whip® Float featuring Rosa Regale Sparkling Red and Strawberry is $11.99.
Dole Whip Day At Disney World
Did you know there is a whole day dedicated to Dole Whips? DOLE Whip Day is July 21 and it is celebrated at many Disney locations including Disney World. To celebrate this momentous foodie occasion be sure to enjoy a Dole Whip. Going forward Dole Whip day is on the third Thursday in July, so mark your calendars for next year!
From Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom Park to The Tropical Hideaway at the Disneyland park, even on the high seas aboard a Disney Cruise Line Ship, there are plenty of goodies to enjoy. Your appetite better be ready because your taste buds won’t be able to get enough of this classic Disney delight. With multiple flavors and concoctions of DOLE Whip to try, there’s truly something for everyone.
Dole Whip Recipes
Why wait until your next Disney vacation when you can make your own Dole Whip at your home! There are a few ways you can bring Dole Whip into your own home. We have a high-tech method, this is going to get you the closest to the real deal well because you are buying the actual mix that Disney uses! The catch is it requires a soft serve ice cream machine to make.
If you want to take your Dole Whip to the next level there is a new topping that is taking the world by storm. It’s called Tajin, a fruit seasoning made with ground chili peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. It’s somewhat of a hack since it’s not served this way by Disney but instead, you can find these seasoning packets at a snack bar near where Dole Whips are served in Adventureland at Disneyland.
Real Deal Dole Whip Recipe
For a 2-quart batch, mix 10 ounces dry mix with 18 ounces cold water. Stir the two until dissolved. Next, add another 18 ounces of cold water and stir for 30 seconds. Immediately pour into the soft serve ice cream maker and turn the machine on. In 20 to 25 minutes your Dole Whip is ready to enjoy.
DIY Pineapple Dole Whip
- 4 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
Place frozen chopped pineapple, condensed milk, and coconut milk into the blender and blend until smooth. Note you may need to stop the blender and hand stir to get everything smooth. Once complete simply serve and enjoy your homemade Dole Whip!
Fun Facts about Dole Whips
- 1984 – DOLE Whip (originally called DOLE Pineapple Whip) was introduced at Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort
- 1986 – DOLE Whip arrives at Disneyland Park at the Tiki Juice Bar
- 2011 – Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa opens with DOLE Whip available
- 2017 – DOLE Whip begins sailing with Disney Cruise Line
- 2023 – The 3rd Thursday of July officially designated as National DOLE Whip Day by Chase’s Calendar of Events – an official compendium of holidays worldwide
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!