Pineapple Dole Whips have become an icon of a Disney Vacation. This famous snack option is a soft-serve, non-dairy, gluten, and vegan work of editable art! So unless you are allergic to pineapple this is a snack you can have! While I would love to claim Disney is responsible for the creation of the Dole Whip its origins actually are from the Dole company. You can visit the Dole Plantation in Hawaii and enjoy the same treat you find at Disney theme parks.
What is a Dole Whip?
If you aren’t familiar Dole Whip is a frozen soft serve treat. It looks like ice cream but the OG pineapple flavor is non-dairy, gluten, and vegan! So it makes it a fantastic treat for all including those with dietary restrictions. Just watch out since many of the places offer dole whip in combination with your traditional diary-filled ice cream. I think it’s popularity is largely based on the fact so many people can enjoy it due to the fact it doesn’t have dairy, plus it doesn’t hurt that it tastes good! (cough, unlike a certain dairy free Star Wars milk at Hollywood Studios)
Where to Find a Dole Whip at Disney World
Gone are the days when you can only get a Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom. There are locations all around Disney World that now serve up Dole Whip and not just the classic pineapple flavor, other flavors have joined in the fun such as Raspberry, Coconut, Strawberry, and more!
Magic Kingdom Dole Whip Flavors
Aloha Isle (Located in Adventureland)
- Pineapple Float: DOLE pineapple juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl (available with Tiki Sipper for additional cost)
- Raspberry Swirl Float: DOLE Whip and raspberry swirl served with DOLE pineapple juice
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake served with choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- DOLE Whip Cup: Choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- Coconut Cup: Choice of coconut or coconut and DOLE Whip swirl
- Raspberry Swirl Cup: DOLE Whip and raspberry swirl
Storybook Treats (Located in Fantasyland)
- Soft-serve Cup: DOLE Whip lime, chocolate, or vanilla soft-serve, or swirl in a cup
- Snow White Cone: DOLE Whip lemon in a blue cone garnished with a chocolate bird and sugar bow
Sunshine Tree Terrace (Located in Adventureland; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip Orange Cup
- Orange Cream Soft-serve Cup: DOLE Whip orange and vanilla soft-serve swirl
- DOLE Whip Strawberry Cup
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip or vanilla soft-serve with your choice of Coca-Cola, Barq’s Root Beer, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Fanta Strawberry, POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, or Sprite
- I Lava You Float: Fanta Strawberry Soda and passion fruit flavor served with DOLE Whip orange and topped with popping candy
Dole Whip Flavors at Animal Kingdom
If you are spending the day at Animal Kingdom you can pick up a Dole Whip at Tamu Tamu Refreshments, they even have the option to add some rum in! At Epcot, you can find Dole Whips during the festival times, typically at the Refreshment Port just before Canada.
- Scar’s Lair: DOLE Whip and sour apple
- Lion’s Lair: DOLE Whip topped with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and sour apple
- Simba Sunset: DOLE Whip with strawberry
- King’s Cooler: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and strawberry
- DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip with DOLE pineapple juice (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- DOLE Whip Cup (available with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- Trilo-Bites Twist: DOLE Whip orange with vanilla soft-serve
Dole Whip at Disney Springs
Swirls on the Water (across from Rainforest Cafe)
- Peach Bellini Float: Peach Bellini topped with DOLE Whip orange (New)
- Orange Bird Cone: DOLE Whip orange atop an orange cone with sprinkles
- DOLE Whip Flight: DOLE Whip orange swirled with DOLE Whip watermelon, DOLE Whip lemon swirled with blue butter cookie soft-serve, and DOLE Whip and Vanilla soft-serve swirl
Disney Resorts with Dole Whip
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Contempo Café (Available July 21 through August 20; Mobile Order available)
- DOLE Whip Cupcake: Yellow cupcake filled with DOLE Whip mousse and garnished with a cherry (New)
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Good’s Foods to Go (Mobile Order available)
- Key Lime Swirl: DOLE Whip lime and vanilla soft-serve swirl topped with graham cracker crumbs
- DOLE Whip Key Lime Martini: DOLE Whip lime served with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and garnished with a lime (New) (available July 21 through 24)
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- “Tamatoa-inspired” Dipped Cone: DOLE Whip raspberry swirled with DOLE Whip orange in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone and coated with “shiny” gold sugar (available July 21 through 24)
- 50th Celebration DOLE Whip: Your choice of DOLE Whip with a 50th white chocolate medallion, umbrella, and EARidescent glitter
- Pineapple Float: DOLE pineapple juice served with a choice of DOLE Whip, vanilla soft-serve, or swirl
- DOLE Whip with Rum Floater: DOLE Whip with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
Barefoot Pool Bar and Oasis Pool Bar
- Frozen Margarita with DOLE Whip Lime: Corazón Blanco Tequila blended with DOLE Whip lime and chili-lime seasoning
- Frosty Pineapple: DOLE Whip with Captain Morgan Private Stock Rum
Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace
- Spikey Pineapple: Barbancourt Pango Rum blended with DOLE Whip
How Much Does a Dole Whip Cost?
Prices have been on the up and up at Disney World. Right now a standard cup of Dole Whip costs $4.99. If you would like to opt for a Dole Whip Float that costs $5.99. Keep in mind that the special limited-time treats will cost more than the standard flavors.
As well as Dole Whip served up with alcohol is an additional charge as well. As an example, over at Disney Springs, the DOLE Whip® Float featuring Rosa Regale Sparkling Red and Strawberry is $11.99.
Dole Whip Day At Disney World
Did you know there is a whole day dedicated to Dole Whips? DOLE Whip Day is July 21 and it is celebrated at many Disney locations including Disney World. To celebrate this momentous foodie occasion, there are several exclusive offerings just for DOLE Whip Day being offered from July 21 through 24 in 2022. Going forward Dole Whip day is on the third Thursday in July, so mark your calendars for next year!
From Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom Park to The Tropical Hideaway at the Disneyland park, even on the high seas aboard a Disney Cruise Line Ship, there are plenty of goodies to enjoy. Your appetite better be ready because your taste buds won’t be able to get enough of this classic Disney delight. With multiple flavors and concoctions of DOLE Whip to try, there’s truly something for everyone.
Dole Whip Recipes
Why wait until your next Disney vacation when you can make your own Dole Whip at your home! There are a few ways you can bring Dole Whip into your own home. We have a high-tech method, this is going to get you the closest to the real deal well because you are buying the actual mix that Disney uses! The catch is it requires a soft serve ice cream machine to make.
If you want to take your Dole Whip to the next level there is a new topping that is taking the world by storm. It’s called Tajin, a fruit seasoning made with ground chili peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. It’s somewhat of a hack since it’s not served this way by Disney but instead, you can find these seasoning packets at a snack bar near where Dole Whips are served in Adventureland at Disneyland.
Real Deal Dole Whip Recipe
For a 2-quart batch, mix 10 ounces dry mix with 18 ounces cold water. Stir the two until dissolved. Next, add another 18 ounces of cold water and stir for 30 seconds. Immediately pour into the soft serve ice cream maker and turn the machine on. In 20 to 25 minutes your Dole Whip is ready to enjoy.
DIY Pineapple Dole Whip
- 4 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
Place frozen chopped pineapple, condensed milk, and coconut milk into the blender and blend until smooth. Note you may need to stop the blender and hand stir to get everything smooth. Once complete simply serve and enjoy your homemade Dole Whip!
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!