“Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents the secret Grey Stuff recipe!” The Disney Parks Blog let us in on their little secret, they have on of their most requested recipes to share, the grey stuff that is served up at the Beast’s castle in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
If you have eaten at Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland you may have already gotten to try this delicious Disney dessert. Above is a look at the cupcake they serve during lunchtime at the restaurant. If you are looking to order this it’s called the Master’s Cupcake on the menu. Not going for lunch? No worries it’s served up at dinner just with a different twist. For dessert, you find you grey stuff served in an edible chocolate chip cup! It’s so adorable you really can’t eat it!
Simple At-Home Grey Stuff Recipe
Inspired by the Ultimate “Grey Stuff” at Disney Parks, Makes 12
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounces) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 scalloped sugar cookies
- Edible sugar pearls
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in the food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Spoon grey stuff into a piping bag fitted with the desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious. Don’t believe me, ask the dishes! If you have a chance to make this recipe at home we would love to hear from you on how it came out! We are excited to take a stab at this one ourselves, though I am aiming for topping cupcakes instead of the sugar cookies they mention in the recipe.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!