Disney World in October is a great time to visit plus it’s also often the start of free Disney Dining plan promotion. The temperatures are still a little warm but the crowds are low. The best part is you can enjoy the low crowds and still get to experience Halloween time at Disney World as well as Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival.
The Weather in Disney During October
October is some great weather at Disney World! You are in the tail end of hurricane season but it rare to have one hit during this time. The average high for the day in October is 84 degrees. As far as rain goes the average is 2.52 inches during October.
This is still shorts and tee shirt season for the theme parks but it’s not a bad idea to bring along a sweater or light jacket. Temperatures tend to fall more at night during this time of year. For more on what to pack check out our FREE: The Ultimate Disney Packing List.
Disney Events in October
Epcot’s 35th Anniversary
On October 1st, 2017 Epcot will be celebrating its 35th anniversary. In honor, D23 is hosting an event. Gold and Gold Family Members have the chance to kick off Fanniversary with a visit to Epcot on October 1 for a D23-exclusive celebration event! The celebration details include:
- 8:30–9:15 a.m.: Event Check-In (Epcot Main Entrance—Future World)—Please do not arrive prior to 8:30 a.m. or later than 9:15 a.m. After checking in, guests will be guided to the event location.
- 10–11 a.m.: Welcome to Epcot 35th Anniversary (Details to be provided closer to event)
- 11:10–11:50 a.m.: Epcot Attractions of Yesteryear – It’s always fun looking back at tomorrow. Join us as we take a nostalgic journey through some of your favorite memories of Epcot past!
- 12–12:45 p.m.: 35 Things You Didn’t Know About Epcot – Think you know everything there is to know about the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow? Think again! Our expert presenters will reveal some secrets and details that will surprise even the most passionate Epcot fans! During this time, guests will also enjoy a boxed lunch at their tables.
- 1–2 p.m.: Epcot Dreamers and Doers – For 35 years, Disney Cast Members and Imagineers have dreamed big and done the impossible. Join a discussion with Epcot dreamers and doers who have each played a role in shaping the world of tomorrow, from 1982 to today!
- 2–2:25 p.m.: Epcot Entertainment Through the Years – A showcase of music, dance, and the arts, Epcot has been host to memorable events and performances over the past 35 years. Discover the rich legacy of Epcot entertainment in this special presentation.
- 2:30–4 p.m.: Epcot 35th Merchandise Pick-Up & Pop-Up Shop (optional) – All attendees are eligible to participate in an Advance Purchase Merchandise opportunity and can pick up these advance purchases during this time, as well as visit a D23-exclusive pop-up shop that will feature exciting merchandise coming to Epcot for the 35th anniversary.
No event would be complete without a one-of-a-kind gift created exclusively for this celebration.
Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival is an event held every fall here at Walt Disney World. The festival includes food booths, special events, chef demos, and live concerts! This year the event runs from August 31 – November 13, 2017. For more information read Guide to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival and Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Booths.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party starts earlier than ever this year, with party dates going from the End of August to the first of November. This is my favorite events of the year at Disney World and I highly recommend it to everyone who has never had a chance to experience it before. For a more in depth look read Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Guide. If you are already planning on going and looking for some costume ideas read Disney Costume DIY for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, DIY Make your own Russell and Kevin Costume from UP, and Awesome Disney Kids Halloween Costume Ideas.
October Crowd Calendar for Disney World
Visiting Disney in Other Months?
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December
More Disney Trip Planning Tips
110 Disney World Tips for Trip Planning
2017 Walt Disney World Closures and Refurbishments
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!