Welcome to our series on what to expect during each month at Walt Disney World. We break down the essentials month by month so you know how to best prepare for your trip or to help you chose which month you want to take a trip to Disney World. Here is what to expect when visiting Disney world in July.
Visiting Disney World in July is also visiting at the heart of the summer here in central Florida. As such it is the hottest, priciest, and busiest month to come visit Disney World. We recommend if you have the flexibility to look at an alternate time to visit. For a lot of people, however, this is the only option for making a trip out to see Mickey.
Do you have a trip in July already planned? Fear not, all hope is not lost I promise! My top trip recommendation is that you plan out the days you’re spending at Disney.
The Weather in Disney During July
Hot! With a side of afternoon showers. July is the hottest month of the year with temperatures exceeding 90 degrees every day. Do not forget to pack the ponchos! During July you can expect showers just about every single evening here in Orlando. And keep in mind the evening is local speak for any time in the afternoon. There is no avoiding the rain in this month, come prepared.
Our best tip, outside of packing shoes that hold up in the rain and ponchos is to take a scheduled afternoon break. The heat is at its worst during the afternoon. After you have lunch, plan to go back to your room. At your hotel, you can enjoy a nap, AC, the pool, a movie, or anything else that will give you a break from the oppressive Florida heat.
Events at Disney World in July
There is only one main event this month and it’s the fourth of July. Like everything Disney does, of course, they had to do it bigger and better than the rest! Here is the line-up of July 4th events for 2019.
The patriotic fireworks of Celebrate America offer booming fireworks orchestrated to patriotic melodies. You can spot these fireworks for two nights at the Magic Kingdom, both July 3rd and July 4th at 9:15 p.m. Guests can also dance the night away with DJs spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and an out-of-this-world Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland. Fans at home can join in the Independence Day celebration by viewing a special July 4th live stream of the dazzling fireworks display on the Disney Parks Blog.
July 3rd, 2019
9:15 pm – “Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” Fireworks
July 4th, 2019
9:15 pm – “Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” Fireworks
First off it’s important to note that “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its nearly 20-year run on September 30, 2019. So this will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this beloved nighttime spectacular. “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display.
Also, be sure to listen to the A cappella vocal group Voices of Liberty. They will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
In the America Pavillion, you can meet favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of ’76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4th.
Plus while at Epcot on July 4th, indulge in themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and a Boom Berry Lemonade.
July 4th, 2019
The beloved Voices of Liberty will perform traditional Americana tunes during a 4th of July Concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.
9:00 pm – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will feature The Heartbeat of Freedom, a 5-minute patriotic fireworks finale.
July 4th, 2019
9:30 pm – Fireworks are just one portion of this immersive nighttime experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Adding state-of-the-art projection effects, dynamic lighting and lasers, the show transports guests to a galaxy far, far away and into iconic scenes from the Star Wars saga. This one-of-a-kind “wow” begins at 10 p.m. on July 4th. The show now includes an all-new sequence from “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
The Grand Floridan Resort and Spa
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be hosting a special ticketed All-American July 4th cookout from 7-8:30 p.m. to celebrate Independence Day. Tickets will cost $120 plus tax for adults, and $59 plus tax for ages 3-11; gratuity is included.
The star-spangled feast includes grilled steak and shrimp, hot dogs, baked beans, sides, plus specialty drinks, beer and wine. Additionally, there will be a live DJ and crafts for kids.
After dinner, head to the Grand Floridian Marina for sweets and a view of the Magic Kingdom Park’s July 4th fireworks.
To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE.
The Fourth at the Fort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will offer several special events around the Fourth of July holiday:
- The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place on July 3rd at 7 a.m. Registration is available 6:30 a.m. at the Meadow Spring Pool.
- The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade begins at 4 p.m. on July 4th. Registration will be open June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn.
- The Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 p.m. on July 4th. Guests will enjoy a live DJ, dancing, games, contests, a movie, and more. In addition, the Fort Wilderness food truck will be available in the settlement area with delicious items for purchase.
Select theme parks and resorts will offer exclusive dessert items in honor of Independence Day.
Magic Kingdom Park
- It’s a Party! Sundae – Available through July 31st at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Red velvet cake topped with birthday cake ice cream, vanilla sauce, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, and red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Sugar Cookie Sandwich – Available through July 31st at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Birthday cake ice cream sandwiched between two sugar cookies with red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Berry Shortcake – Available July 4th at Sunshine Seasons: Fresh blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream topped with patriotic sprinkles and a chocolate Mickey coin
- Fourth of July Cupcake – Available July 4th at Fountain View: Yellow cake with buttercream and white chocolate mousse dome
- BBQ Rib Plate – Available July 4th at Liberty Inn: BBQ babyback ribs with slaw and cornbread
- All-American Burger – Available at Liberty Inn: 1/3 lb Angus burger with Vermont sharp cheddar, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pickle on a brioche bun with french fries
- The American Dream – Available at Fife & Drum: Frozen blue raspberry slushy with vanilla ice cream and frozen strawberry
- Voices of Liberty Quick-Service Dining Package – Available July 4th at Liberty Inn: Includes entrée, non-alcoholic beverage, dessert, and guaranteed seating for the Voices of Liberty Show at America Gardens Theatre and can be purchased for $29.99 plus tax on July 4th only in-person at Liberty Inn. Show times are 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8 p.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Fourth of July Cupcake – Available through July 7th at Creature Comforts and Restaurantosaurus: Yellow cupcake with apple pie filling, buttercream, and chocolate fireworks
- Ultimate Barbecue Platter – Available July 4-7th at Flame Tree Barbecue: House-smoked brisket, pulled pork, chicken, ribs, coleslaw, and beans
- Burger and Brew Combo – Available July 4-7th at Restaurantosaurus: 7-oz burger topped with smoked cheddar cheese, pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and jalapeño poppers and served with fries and your choice of beer
- 4th of July White Berry Sangria – Available July 4-7th at Tusker House Restaurant, Tiffins Restaurant, Dawa Bar, and Nomad Lounge: White sangria with blueberries and strawberries
- Red, White and Blue Slush – Available July 4th at Amorette’s Patisserie: Blue raspberry, white Chantilly cream, and strawberry lemonade
- Firecracker Cocktail – Available through July 7th at Splitsville Luxury Lanes:Lemonade, citrus vodka, blue curaçao, and grenadine
- 4th of July Box – Available through July 7th at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes, and gluten-friendly lemon-blueberry cupcakes
- Americana Mini Sampler – Available through July 7th at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcake, dark chocolate cupcake, and vanilla cupcake
- 4th of July Sundae – Available July 4th at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill: Fresh berries and gelato topped with whipped cream, a house-made waffle cone, red, white, and blue sprinkles, and chocolate candies
- Assorted 4th of July Desserts – Available at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill To-Go Window: Freshly-made brownies, mini cupcakes, cookies, and white chocolate-drizzled popcorn
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Mickey’s Fire Cracker Cupcake – Available July 4th at Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Red velvet cupcake with mixed berry filling and vanilla buttercream icing
- Independence Day Cupcake – Available July 4th at P&J’s Southern Takeout at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds: Yellow cupcake with buttercream icing
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – Available July 4th at Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: BBQ pulled pork with spicy pimento cheese, fried onion straws, bread, and pickles
- Fourth of July Shortcake – Available July 3-5th at Everything POP Shopping and Dining at Disney’s Pop Century Resort: Red, white, and blue shortcake with macerated berries
- Red, White, and Blue Sangria – Available July 3-4th at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: White sangria infused with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Patriotic Rum Punch – Available July 3-4th at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Raspberry rum, blue curaçao, and cranberry and pineapple juices
- Non-Alcoholic Boom Berry Lemonade – Available July 3-4th at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Powerade Mountain Blast, lemonade, and fresh raspberries
- The Strawberry Sparkler – Available July 3-4th at Geyser Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Sparkling wine infused with strawberry purée and fresh blueberries and garnished with a strawberry popsicle
- 4th of July Donut – Available through July 4th at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Classic glazed donut topped with vanilla frosting and red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 4th of July Cupcake – Available through July 4th at Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Vanilla cupcake with cherry filling, buttercream icing, and red, white, and blue sprinkles and stars
- Apple Pie Cupcake – Available July 3-5th at The Market at Ale & Compass and Beach Club Marketplace at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts: Vanilla bean cupcake with roasted apple filling and buttercream
- Uncle Slam – Available July 4th at Oasis and Barefoot Pool Bars at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Rum blended with cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and strawberry purée with a floater of blue curaçao (non-alcoholic version also available)
- Raspberry Dole Whip Cone – Available July 4th at Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Blue sugar cone with red raspberry Dole Whip and red, white, and blue stars
- 4th of July Cupcake – Available July 4th at Capt. Cook’s and Kona Coffee Bar: Yellow cupcake with lemon-blueberry filling and red, white, and blue, buttercream stars
Visiting Disney in Other Months?
More Disney Trip Planning Tips
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!