Boo To You, and to you too! We welcome all of you to one of our favorite articles to write each year, the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Guide. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party starts earlier than ever this year, with party dates going from the middle of August to November 1st. Head over to Disney’s website to find out all the specifics on dates and pricing.
You will want to be sure to get your party tickets as early as possible because party dates do sell out. There is so much to do and experience at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party that it can be overwhelming to newcomers. Fear not! We have you covered because we are sharing our favorite tips and tricks to get the most out of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
If you have attended this event in the past and are wondering if there are any new offerings, there are! Keep reading to find out about new attraction overlays exclusive to the party! If you are ready to buy your tickets for the Party you can do so through Disney’s official website.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates
This exclusive party gives you 5 hours of magic, candy, and fun at the Magic Kingdom. The party gets started when the day ends at the Magic Kingdom which on party nights means you get to enjoy scares from 7 p.m. to midnight. There are 37 dates in 2022, one more party than back in 2019 when we last saw the Halloween parties. The full dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2022 are:
- August 12th, 16th, 19th, 23rd, 26th, 30th
- September 2nd, 5th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th, 30th
- October 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 28th, 30th, 31st
The best times to go are the weeknights because it keeps a lot of the locals away due to work. The most popular night of the party is always Halloween itself. Just about every year the party completely sells out on October 31st. This year it is already sold on October 30th and 31st.
Tickets for the Party
You can buy individual tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party starting at $109 for advance purchase and the prices run up to $199 for tickets on Halloween night. If you are an Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club Member don’t miss out on your discount. These memberships let you save $10 per ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on select event nights from mid-August through early October 2022.
As we mentioned before the tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Hallloween Party do sell out. Here is a list of the current dates that are sold out for 2022:
- August 16, 2022
- August 19, 2022
- August 23, 2022
- August 26, 2022
- August 30, 2022
- September 2, 2022
- September 5, 2022
- September 9, 2022
- September 13, 2022
- September 16, 2022
- September 20, 2022
- October 2, 2022
- October 30, 2022
- October 31, 2022
Season Pass for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
Sadly, the annual pass didn’t return this year. In 2019 they did a first for the Halloween party and had a season pass. The pass let you enjoy up to 35 nights (every night offered except October 31st) in 2019 all for just $299 plus tax. There is so much to see and do at this festive celebration and this pass is the perfect way to enjoy trick-or-treat throughout the Magic Kingdom, exclusive entertainment including a brand-new fireworks spectacular and attraction offerings, and partake in the endless amount of ghoulishly good times!
2022 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Map
You have the option of getting your own hard copy of the map when you first enter the park or when you get your wristband in the park. Not only are these maps fun mementos for your spooky evening but they also hold key information.
On the inside of your party map, you can find the locations of all the treat trails. As well you can find all the show times like the parade, fireworks and the stage show.
Lastly, don’t forget to look at the flaps on the map. Here they call out all the special food you can purchase only during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. As well as a key to find out what I all the marked icons on the map stand for.
Wear a Costume to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
Your experience at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will be 10 times better if you wear a costume and your costume doesn’t have to be Disney-themed. The cast members and characters interact with you so much more and make the evening extra special. Plus this is the ONLY time that adults can dress up in character at the parks! Worried about being the only people at the party dressed up? Fear not! More than 50% of the attendees dress up along with all the cast members. Need a little costume inspiration? Check out our Disney costume article for some inspiration.
Note, Disney has updated their costume restrictions so you will want to look that over before you select a costume to make sure your costume is within the guidelines.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
This stage show is a great chance to see some great live entertainment and have some fun! Performances of this show vary by party date so be sure to consult the times’ guide. It is best not to go to the first showing because it is the most popular time. You will be able to grab a much better spot if you wait to go to a later showing. Historical the showtimes for this event are 8:30 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.
Don’t Buy a Theme Park Pass
Did you know that you can enter the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm on the day of the party? Why buy an extra day ticket when you can get in extra early? Wondering what you are going to do all day until the party? I highly recommend adding a nap to your schedule, especially if you have young children who are going to be up way past their bedtime. I also recommend you check out our list of what to do at Disney without a theme park ticket.
Save the Candy!
Who can resist eating all that candy they hand out? We recommend saving the candy for the end of your night at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party. The trick-or-treat locations have no time restrictions on them so first take the time to enjoy all the things in the park that have set times only. Also, that candy weighs a ton after a few stops so it saves you from carrying around that extra weight the whole night.
Flying home? Disney candy can be taken with you back home on the airplane. Just note that if you are carrying on the candy it can’t exceed the 3.4 oz limit if it’s a liquid or gel. Most candy Disney is handing out at the party doesn’t fall in this category so you should be clear for takeoff. If you are carrying your candy on I recommend bringing it along in a clear gallon ziplock. This way it’s separated if TSA decides it needs to be inspected. Also, note that candy gets heavy fast so be sure you don’t bring so much back you go over your designated weight limit and get charged extra.
Food Allergies? No Problems!
While we are on the topic of tasty candy let’s cover food allergies. Once you enter Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for the night find a Cast Member and ask for a teal food allergy treat bag. If you aren’t already familiar, teal is the official color of food allergy awareness. Houses for trick or treating will mark their porch with things like a teal pumpkin to let families know they have allergy safe treats.
Once you have your special bag you can proceed to the treat trails throughout the parks as normal. At each station, you will be given teal tokens instead of a fistful of candy. When you are all done it’s time to cash in for treats! You just need to head to one of the two Allergy-Friendly Centers to cash them in for treats they are located at Town Square Theater and Heritage House. These treats have included brands like Enjoy Life!
If you Can, Watch the Second Parade
Each night of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party the Boo to You Halloween Parade will run twice, at 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm. The first showing of the parade is always packed and requires you to stake out a good spot at least an hour before the show but who wants to waste that much time during a 5-hour party? Go to the 11:15 pm showing and worry not about having to save a seat well in advance before the show. Watch the video here for the 2016 Boo to You Parade.
The Boo to You Halloween parade opens with a flurry of favorite Disney friends, including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in all-new Halloween costumes. Representing Liberty Square, the Haunted Mansion unit features Hitchhiking Ghosts and a new addition, the spectral Bride, who glides among the waltzing spirits.
A new Tomorrowland section brings The Incredibles and designer extraordinaire Edna Mode to “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade,” followed by Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers discovering crystalline treasures on the surface of a planetary playset float.
Of course, no Halloween parade would be complete without candy. Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz and the girls from Sugar Rush make sure there’s plenty of sweet stuff to go around! Pirates sail in from Adventureland, Clarabelle Cow hosts a square dance during a Frontierland hoedown, and a wicked assortment of Disney Villains reigns over a Fantasyland-inspired grand finale.
DON’T Miss Not-So-Spooky Spectacular
They are changing my favorite firework display of the year. It’s goodbye Hallowishes and hello, Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular. Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” serves as the host of this all-new nighttime extravaganza, with state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting, and dazzling fireworks filling the sky above Magic Kingdom Park.
Jack has come to tell a not-so-scary story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Jack’s ghost dog, Zero, then flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treating adventure! The adventure stars four friends: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy! They find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts, and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains.
“Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular” fireworks will light the skies at 10:15 pm. If you want a peek of the new show before you go? Watch the video above! The show is mainly about watching the projections on the castle so be sure to grab a spot to watch where you have a view of the castle.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Souvenirs
Each year there is, of course, some limited edition merchandise that goes along with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The merchandise locations will be noted on the party map you receive at the beginning of the party.
Exclusive Food and Treats for the Party
Get your trick-or-treat bags ready because once you see these goodies, you’ll be running amuck, amuck, amuck over to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Let’s unmask what you can indulge in.
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Not-So-Poison Apple Pie Milk Shake: Apple pie milkshake with green apple whipped cream, sour apple marshmallow straw, cinnamon donuts, and a poison apple straw (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
- Sweet Candy Corn Soft-serve Swirl Cone: Sweet corn and vanilla soft-serve swirl topped with candy corn chocolate bow (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Pain and Panic Hot Dog: All-beef hot dog, sweet and spicy onion relish, and sriracha mustard topped with spicy cheese-flavored snacks (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Winifred’s Elixir of Youth: Black tea slushy with kiwi foam and Winifred chocolate piece (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Binx Pastry Tail: Cat tail drizzled with dark chocolate and topped with Binx chocolate piece (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Cold Witches Brew Coffee: French vanilla cold brew with pumpkin spiced foam topped with Halloween sprinkles (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Bayou Burger: All-beef patty, jalapeño pimento cheese, crispy andouille sausage, and garlic pickles (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
The Friar’s Nook
- Hades Hot Dog: Spicy beef and pork hot dog, Hades’ relish, and pickles served with house-made violet mustard (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
- Un Poco Loco Tots: Chorizo sausage, green onion, and Hades’ cheese sauce (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Golden Oak Outpost
- Spellbinding Fried Pie: Buffalo chicken, mozzarella, and blue cheese wrapped in flaky dough topped with a candy eye and jalapeño ranch aïoli (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Ice Cream Cart near Haunted Mansion
- Chilling Chamber Pop: Chocolate crumbs, cherry buttercream, and dark chocolate pearls topped with Tightrope Walker chocolate piece (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich: Monster cookies filled with vanilla ice cream (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Liberty Square Market
- Monster Cookie: Sugar cookie with candy eyes and Halloween-themed sprinkles (New) (Available during regular park hours only)
Main Street Bakery
- Oh, My Gourd Cupcake: Pumpkin spice cupcake with cinnamon cream cheese icing finished with dark chocolate ears (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Sweet Almond Corn Cake: Almond vanilla cake dipped in white, orange, and yellow chocolate topped with candy corn (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Popcorn Cart near Cinderella Castle
- Mexican Spiced Hot “COCO” Brownie: Spice chocolate brownie with dark chocolate ganache topped with Miguel chocolate piece (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Grave Digger Milk Shake: Coconut and matcha blended soft-serve topped with whipped cream, Grave Digger shovel, and chocolate gravestone (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
- Worms and Dirt Funnel Cake: Funnel cake topped with chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookie crumbs, gummy worms, and Billy chocolate piece (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
- Chilling Chamber Pop: Chocolate crumbs, cherry buttercream, and dark chocolate pearls topped with Tightrope Walker chocolate piece (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
Snack Cart near Cinderella Castle
- M&M’s Peanut Butter Churro: Churro rolled in peanut dust with peanut sauce, chocolate sauce, and M&M’s Peanut Butter (New) (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Jack-O-Lantern Float: Citrus swirl with Fanta Orange, brown sugar whipped cream, and graham cracker crumbs (New) (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Be sure to check out the creepy cool novelties soon to be available at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- Glow Mickey Mummy Premium Popcorn Bucket – glowing soon at various popcorn carts throughout the park (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Donald Candy Corn Sipper – materializing in early Oct. at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café, The Friar’s Nook, Sleepy Hollow Refreshments (Available during regular park hours and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Halloween Candy Glow Cube – glowing soon at Sunshine Tree Terrace (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
- Zero Popcorn Bucket – materializing in early Oct. at various popcorn carts throughout the park (Available during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only)
Snap Some Pictures with Ghoulish Haunts
This year Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party-goers will get a chance to captures some exclusive pictures with their favorite ghoulish delights. The Disney Parks Blog was nice enough to show off the above photos of the terror you can uncover in your party night’s PhotoPass!
Special Characters during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
This party is home to some rare and hard to find character meet and greets. The lines get outrageously long and could easily eat up your entire night at the party. Some of these extra special characters include Jack and Sally, all Seven Dwarves, and Cruella. If you absolutely must get a picture with one of those listed I recommend getting in line for them first. The line up for these popular characters can start as early as 5 pm!
Attractions During Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party are Usually a Walk-On
Most of the attractions within the Magic Kingdom will be open, with a great opportunity to catch a few walk-on thrills between party-ing! Now, what’s open?
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Please note: all attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice.
Don’t Miss the Haunted Mansion Ghosts!
If it’s Mickey’s Halloween Party, then, of course, the Haunted Mansion is a must-do attraction. The line does get a little on the long side for this so plan on having to wait at least 20 minutes. The not to miss part of the Haunted Mansion requires no wait at all, however! Head to the front of the Haunted Mansion to watch the ghosts of the mansion out chatting with you and telling stories.
Frightful Halloween Party Events
Delight in twists and treats at some beloved attractions! Several attractions across the park also receive special enhancements just for Mickey’s Halloween party! New this year, when you follow the treat trail into the Monster World at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, they’ll interact in all-new ways with the comic cast of monsters, as they learn about the curious Human World holiday we call Halloween.
Embarking upon the high seas with the Pirates of the Caribbean, you’ll discover a crew of live pirates on your journey, engaged in a whole new adventure in search of treasure.
Space Mountain goes completely dark again this year, hurtling you through the blackness of deep space to the riffs and chords of a new hard-rockin’ soundtrack.
Lastly, at the Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland, each spin of the teacups takes guests into madder and madder territory, as special lighting and music give the attraction experience extra energy after dark.
Special Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
When you leave the party for the night don’t miss out on picking up your special partying gift. This year they are handing out a commemorative poster. Thankfully they wait to give you just as you leave the park so it’s less opportunity to get crushed on your way back home.
Conclusion on Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
There are so many wonderful things to uncover at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party you won’t be disappointed with your time spent there. We continue to love to go back to the party, again and again, each year. Be sure to dress accordingly and get ready to have some fun. What are your favorite Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tips and Tricks?
We also have some tips on Things to Pack for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!