Experience Disney theme parks after dark with Moonlight Magic! This is basically a Disney Vacation Club after-hours exclusive event for Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests all FREE of charge! The good news for 2020 is that Disney is promising easier booking! Explore event details and dates below. If you still are on the lookout for 2019 dates go here.
The 2020 dates for Moonlight Magic are:
- Event Dates – January 21; February 11; and February 25, 2020
- Registration Dates – Members with Resort reservations can book beginning November 20, 2019; general registration opens to all Members on December 4, 2019
- Event Dates – March 3; April 21; and April 28, 2020
- Registration Dates – Members with Resort reservations can book beginning January 8, 2020; general registration opens to all Members on January 15, 2020
- Event Date – May 4 and June 29, 2020
- Registration Dates – Members with Resort reservations can book beginning March 11, 2020; general registration opens to all Members on March 18, 2020
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Event Dates – July 27 and August 10, 2020
- Registration Dates – Members with Resort reservations can book beginning June 17, 2020; general registration opens to all Members on June 24, 2020
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Event Dates – September 15; September 22; and October 6, 2020
- Registration Dates – Members with Resort reservations can book beginning July 15, 2020; general registration opens to all Members on July 22, 2020
Important Things to Know About Registering for Moonlight Magic
Initial Registration Window
This initial registration window for this event is open to Members with existing Resort reservations, booked prior to Monday, November 20, 2019, at the Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.
The initial registration window opens on November 20, 2019, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event registration opens to all Members on December 4, 2019, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for a total of 4) or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.
Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:
- When staying using Vacation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
- When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.
Modifications & Cancellations
This event cannot be booked or modified through Member Services. If a Member wishes to change their party size or the date that they are attending Moonlight Magic, they may modify their event registration through the link found in their confirmation email.
- If you cancel your Resort reservation, your event registration will be canceled automatically.
- Canceling and rebooking an event registration increases the risk of losing one’s registration.
- Modifications or cancellations of an event registration cannot be made the same day as booking.
Registering for Another Member on Your Membership
If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternative to check-in at the event. Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.
Event Date Limits
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.
Other Important Information
- Registration is required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in. The Member listed on the Membership Card must be in attendance.
- Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Magic Kingdom park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Magic Kingdom Park before the event, note that valid theme park admission is required.
- This offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold. It is subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
- Attendees under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be canceled due to inclement weather.
- We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
- FastPass+ selections may only be reserved using valid theme park admission linked to a My Disney Experience account. Theme park admission must be used at the Main Entrance touchpoints for FastPass+ selections to be valid.
How to Register for Moonlight Magic
Register online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required to attend this event.
Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning November 20, 2019, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event registration opens to all Members on December 4, 2019, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!