Experience Disney theme parks after dark with Moonlight Magic! This is basically a Disney Vacation Club after-hours exclusive event for Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests! Good news for 2019 is that Disney is promising easier booking for 2019! Explore event details and dates below.
Dates for 2019 DVC Moonlight Magic Event
- January 31, 2019 at Disneyland Park
Booking is available for all members starting on December 18, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. EST/8:00 a.m. PST
- February 5 and 12, 2019 at Magic Kingdom Park
Booking is available for all members (with resort reservations made before Monday, January 7, 2019) on January 9 at 9:00 a.m. EST Booking opens for all members on January 16 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Subject to availability)
- March 20 and 27, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Booking is available for all members (with resort reservations made before Tuesday, February 12, 2019) on February 14 at 9:00 a.m. EST Booking opens for all members on February 21 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Subject to availability)
- May 13 and 20, 2019 at Epcot
Booking is available for all members (with resort reservations made before Monday, April 1, 2019) on April 3 at 9:00 a.m. EST Booking opens for all members on April 10 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Subject to availability)
- July 18, August 8 and 22, 2019 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Booking is available for all members (with resort reservations made before Monday, June 3, 2019) on June 5 at 9:00 a.m. EST Booking opens for all members on June 12 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Subject to availability)
- September 18 and October 16, 2019 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Booking begins for members (with resort reservations made before Monday, August 12, 2019) on August 14 at 9:00 a.m. EST Booking opens for all members on August 28 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Subject to availability)
Important Things to Know About Registering for Moonlight Magic
Initial Registration Window
This initial registration window for this event is open to Members with existing Resort reservations—booked prior to Monday, January 7, 2019—at the Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.
The initial registration window opens on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event registration opens to all Members on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.
Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:
- When staying using Vacation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
- When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.
Modifications & Cancellations
This event cannot be booked or modified through Member Services. If a Member wishes to change their party size or the date that they are attending Moonlight Magic, they may modify their event registration through the link found in their confirmation email.
- If you cancel your Resort reservation, your event registration will be canceled automatically.
- Canceling and rebooking an event registration increases the risk of losing one’s registration.
- Modifications or cancellations of an event registration cannot be made the same day as booking.
Registering for Another Member on Your Membership
If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternate to check in at the event. Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.
Event Date Limits
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.
Other Important Information
- Registration is required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in. Member listed on the Membership Card must be in attendance.
- Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Magic Kingdom park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Magic Kingdom park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
- This offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold. It is subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
- Attendees under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be canceled due to inclement weather.
- We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
- FastPass+ selections may only be reserved using valid theme park admission linked to a My Disney Experience account. Theme park admission must be used at the Main Entrance touchpoints for FastPass+ selections to be valid.
How to Register for Moonlight Magic
Register online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required to attend this event.
Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event reservations open to all Members on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!