The holiday season is the most magical time of year at Walt Disney World. In true Disney style, all the parks and resorts get a sprinkling of pixie dust and are transformed into a winter wonderland delight. To go along with their other holiday festivities, the Magic Kingdom also hosts a separately ticketed event, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This event is similar to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party but instead, it is Christmas themed.
What is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
This is a special separately ticketed event held in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World on select nights. For 2023, the party will be held:
- November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
- December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
The exclusive party festivities begin at 7 pm and end at midnight. If you have an event ticket you can enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4 pm and enjoy the park before everything gets started. You do NOT need a regular park ticket to visit the Magic Kingdom on this day if you have a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket and arrive at 4 pm or later. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets range from $159 – $199 per person (up $10 from last year), if available, beware that some nights sell out so get your tickets early.
Suggested Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Touring Plan
We suggest arriving if possible right when you are allowed at 4 pm as this gives you plenty of time to get past security into the park and banded for the event. The first stop you should make is to head to your choice dinner location, if you haven’t already eaten! If the streets are too packed to walk anywhere try cutting through the stores on Main Street and eating somewhere in the back of the park, like Peco’s Bills Tall Tale Inn or Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe!
After dinner, get those rides in until it’s time for Fireworks. Just like Haunted Mansion is a must-do for the Halloween party we think Jingle Cruise is a Christmas party must-do. Of course, stopping along the way for cookies and cocoa (free!) to refuel isn’t a bad idea either. The great thing about attending these parties is the ride times are crazy low so you don’t even have to worry about a Fastpass (which are not available after 7 pm on event days). If you are looking forward to seeing the stage show or one of the Tomorrowland shows I would recommend also fitting it in during this time.
Around 30 minutes prior to the show should be plenty of time to stake out your perfect spot to view the fireworks in the hub. The best locations are actually a little further back right around Casey’s Corner. Once the fireworks are done head on down to Main Street and get a spot for the second showing of the parade!
When the parade is over you will notice there is a mass exodus from the park. This is when we recommend squeezing in any last-minute rides you may have missed, say Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? The later at night it is, the shorter the wait time you will find at the busy attractions.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Map
When you arrive at the party maps for the event are handed as soon as you get through the ticket turnstiles. If you check in for the event inside the parks, maps are handed out there as well.
Mickey’s Christmas Party Entertainment
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
This parade steals the spotlight of the party! Running at 8:30 pm and 11:00 pm you will want to make sure to add at least one of these showings to your list. It stuns young and old alike with its sights and smells. The iconic scenes include a lot of recognizable sights if you watch Disney’s ABC Christmas Parade. Marching toy soldiers, reindeer, gingerbread men, classic Disney characters dressed in their holiday best, and Santa Claus all are found in this parade.
Note that this parade is available to watch during regular park hours starting December 22nd and lasting through the end of the year. Of course, this is the MOST busiest time of the year at Disney World you will be fighting to watch the parade with heavy park crowds and paying a premium for a ticket.
Parade Tip: See the second showing of the parade for lighter crowds and enjoy even lighter wait times for other activities. The best spot for this parade is on Main Street. The ice castle makes it a pictures perfect viewing spot for the parade.
Frozen Holiday Surprise
For the first time in forever, guests will be able to join Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and the Snowgies in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom for “Frozen Holiday Surprise,” a brand new “Frozen”-inspired entertainment experience that will illuminate the castle in a whole new way. This delightful new offering can be seen during regular park hours and during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas is a cute show featuring none other than Stitch, Monsters Inc. characters and Buzz. You can catch this show at 7:45, 8:35, 9:25, 10:45 and 11:35 pm on the stage between Space Mountain and The Carousel of Progress. It lasts about 20 minutes and is great to catch at least once!
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
Mickey Mouse and his pals invite their friends over for a Christmas party filled with holiday music, seasonal festivities, and fun!
Character Dance Parties
Throughout the whole evening of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party, the Club Tinsel dance party takes place continuously at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland. Just like it sounds it’s basically a giant dance party to blow off steam and dance the night away with your favorite Disney characters.
There is also a Disney Junior Jingle Jam that takes place in Storybook Circus. This is the perfect place to take your little ones.
Note the characters will not be signing and won’t stop for pictures. They are there to create special moments and experiences that you wouldn’t otherwise have with your favorite characters.
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
Back for its second year are the fireworks called Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. The show is hosted by the one-and-only Minnie Mouse and will celebrate the magic of Christmas with medleys of beloved holiday songs, from “Joy to the World” and “Deck the Halls” to “Up on the House-Top” and “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.” The holiday music will evoke heartfelt moments of home and family, as well as the festive fun of the season before an incredible finale you won’t want to miss. In the past, the fireworks show was a special version of Wishes fireworks.
For the best viewing, we recommend staking out a spot in front of Cinderella’s Castle. The soundtrack really makes this show and if you enjoy it as much as I do, I highly recommend picking up the Christmas album Disney released, it’s a great way to bring Disney home for the holidays.
Firework Tip: To get the best spot we recommend following our Best Magic Kingdom Firework Viewing Locations Guide.
What Rides are Open During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
There are plenty of rides open during the party, it’s a great time to get rides in with much shorter wait times than during normal park hours. All attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice.
- Jingle Cruise
- Town Square Theater
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountian Railroad
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- it’s a small world
- Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid
- The Barnstormer
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Space Mountain
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Exclusive Character Meet and Greets at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Below is a list of the characters that made an appearance at the 2022 Christmas party.
- Moana – Adventureland (very popular! Line up by 6 pm to meet her.)
- Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps – Tomorrowland
- Captain Jack Sparrow – Adventureland
- Peter Pan and Wendy – Adventureland
- Aladdin with Abu, Jasmine with Genie – Adventureland
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws – Storybook Circus (very popular! He even sometimes shows up early.)
- Donald, Scrooge McDuck, Daisy, Minnie – Storybook Circus
- Santa Goofy – near Barnstormer
- Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker and Wendell – Frontierland
- Seven Dwarfs – Fantasyland near Mine Train (very popular! Line up by 6 pm to meet them.)
- Princesses with their princes – You can meet Ariel and Prince Eric, Elena of Avalor, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, Snow White with her Prince, Cinderella with her Prince, Rapunzel with Flynn Rider and Princess Tiana with Prince Naveen. Princess Tiana, Elena of Avalor, Cinderella, Aurora, and Rapunzel are in Princess Fairytale Hall. Snow White is in Fantasyland near Princess Fairytale Hall. Line up at 6:30 pm for this.
- Tigger and Friends – Fantasyland near Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Santa Claus – Town Square (popular, but you can meet him during the day)
- Mary Poppins, Bert, and Penguin – Town Square
- Mickey Mouse – Town Square Theater
- Tinker Bell – Town Square Theater
- Merida – Fairytale Garden, to the right of the castle
- Gaston – near Gaston’s Tavern in Fantasyland
- Ariel – in Ariel’s Grotto in Fantasyland
Special Holiday Attraction Overlays
During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, select Magic Kingdom attractions are receiving special enhancements just for the holidays!
When you get behind the wheel on the Tomorrowland Speedway, you’ll find yourself cruising a festive freeway filled with thousands of lights and stylized décor.
The crew at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is putting some “Ha Ha Ha” in their “Ho Ho Ho,” with a new show for everyone visiting the Monster World during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Space Mountain launches you on a trippy jaunt through the cosmos, filled with dazzling lighting and high-energy holiday tunes, and Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland becomes a wild and wacky Christmas party, as you spin your teacups to one of four new holiday combos of lights and music.
Party MagicShots with PhotoPass
Have a taste for sweet Magic Shots? The Mickey Mouse Cookie Magic Shot is available in Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland, while the Candy Cane Magic Shot can be found in front of Cinderella Castle and on the bridges leading to Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is a beloved party staple, and if you love it as much as I do, you’ll adore these photo opportunities featuring a few parade favorites! The Toy Soldiers can march into your photo on Main Street, U.S.A., and the photographer at the entrance to the park can offer a Magic Shot featuring a cheerful reindeer and gingerbread man.
Disney Characters can make an appearance in your photos too! A Magic Shot featuring a festively dressed Tinker Bell will be available on Main Street, U.S.A., and look for Olaf to pop into photos taken on the bridges leading to Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
For photos with a traditional Christmas vibe, visit any Disney PhotoPass photographer in the park (except for those at Character Experience locations) to take a Mistletoe Magic Shot, and get a special Animated Magic Shot when you meet Santa Claus.
At various locations around the park, photographers will be offering holly-jolly props for you to include in your photos. This includes what I am most excited about the new Tinker Bell lantern! You’ll find this new pixie-dusted prop in Fantasyland near Enchanted Tales with Belle.
Exclusive Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Treats
As always, our incredible Magic Kingdom has outdone itself with this year’s assortment. And in addition to the party-exclusive treats listed below, there are also many items available all day, every day of the holiday season!
With plenty of new delights this year, like the adorable Mickey Mousse Ornament Treat at the Main Street Bakery, the sweet and savory Holiday Dinner Dog at Casey’s Corner, and the can’t miss Polar Bear Claw at Cool Ship, you’ll be asking for treats on your list!
Well, it’s finally time to treat your elf – I mean self! Let’s unwrap the Foodie Guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel Sundae: Festive vanilla cake, vanilla ice cream, strawberry topping, whipped cream, and Christmas sprinkles with a Lock, Shock, and Barrel chocolate piece (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- Sugar Plum Shake: Spiced sugar plum soft-serve topped with cherry syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Holiday Dinner Dog: All-beef hot dog with cranberry mustard, savory stuffing funnel cake, and cheese curds (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- Christmas Tree Cake: Red velvet brownie cheesecake with eggnog buttercream and spiced caramel topped with mini sugar Christmas lights (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Polar Bear Claw: Chocolate hazelnut pastry with white and dark chocolate (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
The Friar’s Nook
- Curry Brat Tots: Tots topped with chopped bratwurst, curry ketchup, and apple slaw (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Tinker Bell Cream Puff: Cream puff and compressed carrot cake topped with spiced cream cheese icing, spiced walnuts, and chocolate wings (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
Golden Oak Outpost
- Fried Pork Tamale served “Christmas Style” with red and green chile sauces and queso fresco (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- Chai Caramel Freeze: Salted caramel freeze with chai spiced whipped cream (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
Main Street Bakery
- Cinnamon Roll: Mickey Mouse-shaped cinnamon roll with white icing (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- Mickey Mousse Ornament Treat: Gingerbread mousse with crispy center and a spiced almond cake with brownie crumble (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café
- Texas-sized Sweet Potato Pie: Baked sweet potato pie with marshmallow meringue and candied pecans (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Peppermint Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae: Peppermint ice cream, hot fudge, and candy cane pieces served on a brownie (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa: Hot chocolate with peppermint ice cream, whipped cream, and candy cane pieces (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Funnel Cake Sundae: Peppermint ice cream, M&M’S chocolate candies, and hot fudge served on funnel cake (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22) (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Sandy Claws Peppermint Mousse Treat: White chocolate peppermint mousse with a chocolate fudge center, chocolate Santa hat, and Jack Skellington face (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
- Apple Cider Float: Apple cider topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with cinnamon (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Once Upon a Christmastime Tart: Chocolate and cranberry tart with chocolate Mickey ears (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 22 during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party only)
Various Carts Throughout Main Street U.S.A.
- Christmas Cookie Churro: Churro served with marshmallow cream, cookie crumbles, and Christmas sprinkles (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party)
- Christmas Wreath Doughnut: Red velvet doughnut with green buttercream and Holiday sprinkle decorations (New) (Available Nov. 8 through Dec. 31 during regular park hours and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party) (Decorations will vary)
FREE Christmas Cookie Locations
- Pinocchio Village Haus – Frosted Sugar Cookies Hot Coco
- Tortuga Tavern – Frosted Gingerbread Cookies and Egg Nog
- Columbia Harbour House
- Lunching Pad – Frosted Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Apple Cider
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café – Snickerdoodle Cookies and Hot Coco
Holiday Novelty Souvenirs
Do you find yourself getting an ever-increasing popcorn bucket collection? I am running out of shelves in my house! This Christmas season isn’t helping with all these adorable new additions to the souvenir holders. This year there is a new sipper as well as a Holiday Tin popcorn bucket.
Available at Popcorn Carts (Available through Dec. 31)
- Musical Holiday Tin Premium Bucket (New)
- Mickey Mouse Snow Globe Sipper Cup, sold at Sleepy Hallow (New)
- Gold Tree Popcorn Bucket
There’s also an array of complimentary goodies that you won’t want to miss out on (included in the price of your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket). Alternative healthy and allergy-friendly goodies are also available upon request.
Exclusive Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Merchandise
This year I was surprised to find there was no party-specific merchandise available to purchase.
Complementary Christmas Party Gifts
This year you were greeted with the gift of a metal Christmas ornament. The Ornament can be picked up on Market Street until 8 pm. I encourage you to arrive at the party by then in order to get the ornament. On some of the party nights when it was raining the ornament pickup got moved to Tomorrowland Terrace.
When you leave the party you get a free poster. The poster depicts a holiday-themed celebration happening at the decked-out 50th version of Cinderella’s Castle.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party FAQ
Do I need to get a Magic Kingdom Park Reservation for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
No, if you don’t plan on attending until you can get in with your party ticket at 4 pm then there is no need to make a park pass. However, if you have an annual pass or park ticket you want to use at Magic Kingdom before 4 pm on the day of the Christmas party then you will need to reserve a park reservation.
How early can you get into Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
You can get into the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm with your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party ticket. The party officially kicks off at 7 pm.
What is included in Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
You get admission into the Magic Kingdom from 4pm-midnight. Catch the exclusive Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks show! And gather to watch Disney Characters give a yuletide nod to the season during Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. You also get some sweet treats for free like cookies and cocoa.
How much does Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party cost?
Ticket prices vary based on the night you plan on attending. Prices range from $159 to $199.
Conclusion on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a perfect way to celebrate the season at Disney World. While it is an added cost we still find it worth it for the low crowds and the special fireworks and parade. Worried about the party being a letdown? Check out a first-timer’s thoughts in Biggest Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Letdowns. If you are taking little ones to the party be sure to read 5 Reasons Why Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a Toddler Must. For more information on celebrating the holidays at Disney World read A Complete List of Walt Disney World Holiday Offerings.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!