Disney’s Keys to The Kingdom Tour is a bucket list tour for many, including myself. Also known as “Magic Kingdom to the Max”, the Keys to The Kingdom Tour is a 5-hour walking tour at Disney’s most iconic place. This experience is not like anything else and from reviews to listening to my Disney friends discuss their experience I can not wait for the day I get to be fully immersed in all things Walt Disney World at this level.
This backstage tour is the perfect chance to soak up all the knowledge the tour guides share including the massive growth this company has undergone over the many years. Gaining access to behind the scene areas is all I need to know about Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour to get me interested in doing it, but here’s the full rundown of what it’s all about, the cost, and more. All you need to know about Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
You get the full insider’s scoop on things you might have been curious about, top secrets about some of the attractions are spilled, and you get to explore secret spots guests don’t get to see. Here are a few of the perks outlined to Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour:
- Uncover the hidden secrets of classic attractions at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Access the famed underground “Utilidor” tunnels that allow people and supplies to travel beneath the park unseen.
- Discover little-known facts, trivia and other exciting tidbits about the park.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch—included with your tour.
- Take home an exclusive keepsake!
I’ve heard many stories about the “Utilidor” tunnels and had a friend whose husband used them often for his job at Disney. Did you know there is a tunnel under your feet at the Magic Kingdom? Many think it’s a rumor but I have confirmation it’s real and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour shows you the legendary tunnels aka Utilidor. An experience, not very many people get to have! Can you imagine seeing golf carts underground transporting things?
Photo Credit: Disney
“Hear the intriguing story of Walt Disney and how his vision, innovation, and creativity brought the theme park to life. You’ll gain insight into Walt’s thought process as he was designing the park, learn fun trivia and little-known facts, discover hidden Mickeys and other often-overlooked details, and more.” Sign me up for discovering all the hidden Mickeys!
The Keys to the Kingdom Tour fee is $114 per adult. To book your reservation call 407-WDW-TOUR.
Event times, reservations required:
- 8:00 am
- 8:30 am
- 9:00 am
- 9:30 am
Guidelines for Keys to the Kingdom Tour:
- Theme park admission is required and is not included with the cost of this tour.
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour is an outdoor walking tour, so check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
- For more information or to make a reservation, please call (407) WDW-TOUR. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- No cameras, video equipment, or mobile phones may be used throughout the duration of the tour. Photography is strictly prohibited. You were allowed to take photos of items while you were in a normal guest area.
- Locations and attractions visited on your tour are subject to change without notice.
- Guests must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid photo I.D.
- Please check in at Town Square Theater 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
- Same-day bookings are on a walk-up basis only, based on availability.
- Lunch is included (we ate at Pecos Bill in Frontierland).
- Annual Passholders, Disney Chase Visa Cardmembers and Disney Vacation Club Members qualify for a 15% discount.
Additional Facts about Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour:
You meet at Town Square Theater where you place your lunch order BEFORE the tour begins.
- You’re given headphones for the tour to listen to the tour guide which helps with the theme park noise.
- Tours usually consist of 15-20 people max. Our tour had exactly 20 people.
- They greet you as a cast member which allows you to begin listening to different views than you normally hear from cast members as a regular guest.
- NO photos or videos are allowed at ALL throughout the tour giving that “fomo” vibe.
- You will receive your key to the kingdom pin “special gift” during lunch at Pecos Bills.
- You’ll hear all about Walt’s story including how he financed Disney and the business names you see on Main Street and what they actually mean.
- You’ll see where the parade floats are held and where it starts before entering the park.
- If you’re not able to walk long distances this isn’t the tour for you, it’s also wheelchair accessible.
Another tour on my bucket list is the even longer 7-hour Backstage Magic Tour. I can’t wait to cross both of these Disney tour experiences off my bucket list. Have you taken the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Is it also on your bucket list?
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!