Obviously, the best part about a Walt Disney World vacation is eating Mickey-shaped waffles for breakfast. Whether you’re grabbing them at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the Intermission Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, or from the comfort of your own home you’d be hard pressed to find a Disney fan who DOESN’T wish they could eat mickey-shaped waffles everyday for breakfast. Well, the good news is that now you can – and we provide all the tasty tricks and tips you need on how to make mickey waffles at your house.
Read more: Best Mickey Shaped Treats at Disney World
What Waffle Batter Does Disney Use?
For years, I have been curious about what Walt Disney World uses to give their mickey waffles their sweet distinct flavor. Did Tinkerbell sprinkle pixie dust on them? Did the Evil Queen cast a spell that went awry? Well, it turns out that what gives those fluffy mouse-shaped waffles their distinct flavor is something called Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour mix and you can buy it for yourself on Amazon for only $24.61. The mix is also available on Carbon’s Golden Malted’s website, found here.
Fun Facts About Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour Mix
- It’s certified Kosher
- The recipe has been around since 1937 (the same year Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs hit theaters!)
- The mix is made up of sugar, malt, vanilla, wheat and corn flours, leavening and buttermilk powder
Nutritional Value (One Serving)
- Total carbohydrates: 228
- Protein: 5.5g
- Total fat: 9.6g
- Vitamin A: 7.2%
- Potassium: 25.7mg
- Cholesterol: 102.5 mg
What You’ll Need to Make Mickey Waffles
- Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour mix
- A Mickey-shaped waffle iron
- Maple syrup
- And of course, your appetite!
Of course, you can customize this recipe as you see fit, however, this is the recipe we use at my house:
- 2 cups of Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 ½ cups of milk (we’ve used both skim and whole and both versions tasted good)
Since the mix does already have vanilla included, you don’t have to add your own vanilla extract, however, it’s an added boost of sweetness if you do.
Read more: Where to Grab Breakfast at the Magic Kingdom
- First, whisk the eggs and milk together
- Add in the melted butter
- Slowly fold in the Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour mix and sugar
- Mix until all combined
- Place into your mickey-shaped waffle iron and cook for about 3-4 minutes
This recipe makes about 8 waffles, however, the quantity will depend on the size of your waffle iron….and speaking of….
The Best Disney Waffle Irons on Shop Disney
There are a ton of Disney-inspired waffle irons on the market. Currently, there are six different themed waffle makers you can choose from on Shop Disney’s website. These include:
- The Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Double Flip Waffle Maker: $74.95
- R2-D2 Waffle Maker: $29.99
- Toy Story Waffle Maker (with Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Forky and green alien): $29.99
- Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker: $34.95
- The Avengers Waffle Maker (with Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk): $39.99
- The Child Waffle Maker (aka the cutest waffle maker in the galaxy): $39.99
The Best Disney Waffle Makers on Amazon
- Disney Olaf Waffle Maker: $33.33
- Disney Mickey Mini Waffle Maker: $20.52
- Disney Pixar Cars Waffle Maker: $25.48
- Disney Minnie Mouse Waffle Maker: $32.99
Please remember that as with any website, prices are always subject to change.
Best Disney Waffle Makers at BoxLunch
In recent years, the company BoxLunch has partnered with Disney to create some unique, one-of-a-kind products, including waffle makers and trust me, they have some really cute options:
- Marvel Eat the Universe Iron Man Waffle Maker: $39.90
- Marvel Classic Spider-Man Waffle Maker (online exclusive): $40.90
- Marvel Captain America Shield Waffle Maker: $35.90
- Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Groot Waffle Maker (online exclusive): $39.99
- Marvel Black Panther Round Waffle Maker (online exclusive): $35.90
- Star Wars Stormtrooper Waffle Maker: $39.90
- Marvel Eat the Universe Logo 3-in-1 Waffle Maker: $34.99
And Now For the Best Part…
Making Mickey waffles from the comfort of your own home is a fun and easy way to celebrate the magic of Disney when you can’t be at the parks. My husband and I have a fun tradition of making Mickey waffles on the morning of our Walt Disney World vacation. It’s a tradition that brings a smile to my face and I know it’ll be one that continues for years to come. Why? Because that’s the magic of Disney!
As a self-proclaimed Mouseketeer, Courtney Dercqu is a fan of all things Disney. Between decorating her desk with souvenirs from the park, to making unique mouse ears and having a dedicated Disney Instagram, Courtney is a true believer in the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation. Having had more than 200 articles published on various content, Courtney’s excited to share her knowledge and experience with everyone! Be sure to follow her on Instagram for all the Disney magic.