Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort stands as a shining example of Disney magic in moderate resorts. Offering a perfect blend of affordability and luxury, this captivating destination is designed to cater to the diverse needs of its guests. With an array of amenities, Coronado Springs promises an unforgettable stay. From the enchanting architecture inspired by Spanish explorers to the well-appointed rooms and suites, guests are immersed in a world of elegance.
The resort boasts multiple dining options, each a culinary adventure, and features an array of recreational opportunities, including a stunning pool and spa facilities. Ideal for both leisure and business travelers, the resort’s state-of-the-art conference facilities in the Gran Destino Tower elevate it beyond a vacation haven. With the convenience of Disney transportation, exclusive perks, and a host of magical extras, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort ensures a truly enchanting experience for every guest.
How Much Does it Cost to Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs?
Typically, a standard room at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort may start around $200 to $300 per night, but prices can fluctuate based on factors like the time of year, day of the week, and special events.
Disney Dining Plan with Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
When you stay at a Disney Resort, you have the convenient option to enhance your vacation experience by purchasing a Disney Dining Plan. This dining plan allows guests to prepay for meals and snacks, providing a seamless and inclusive approach to enjoying the diverse culinary offerings throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
Atmosphere of Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort effortlessly transports you to a world where the magic of Disney meets the vibrant spirit of Spanish Colonial Mexico. From the moment you step foot onto the property, there’s a palpable atmosphere of excitement and wonder.
The architecture, inspired by the grandeur of Spanish explorers, creates a rich tapestry of colors, textures, and designs that evoke a sense of elegance and charm. As you stroll through the resort, the air is filled with a delightful blend of Disney enchantment and the warm, inviting aura of a Spanish hacienda. It’s a unique fusion that sets the stage for an unforgettable experience, where every detail, from the ornate decor to the soothing water features, contributes to a sense of escape into a world of relaxation and joy.
The theme of Coronado Springs is like a symphony, with each element harmonizing to create a magical ambiance. Whether you’re lounging by the pool, exploring the scenic surroundings, or enjoying a delicious meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, the theme of Spanish elegance is ever-present, adding an extra layer of authenticity to your Disney adventure. It’s this seamless integration of storytelling and design that makes Coronado Springs not just a resort but a destination where the magic of Disney comes alive in a way that feels both timeless and contemporary.
Inspiration for Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is a captivating testament to the combined creative genius of two visionaries from vastly different worlds—Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí. While primarily known for his groundbreaking contributions to animation and theme parks, Walt Disney’s influence on Coronado Springs is evident in the resort’s commitment to storytelling and immersive experiences. The resort carries the hallmark of Disney’s dedication to detail, creating a world where guests are not just visitors but active participants in a narrative that unfolds with every step.
Salvador Dalí, the renowned surrealist artist, played a unique role in the resort’s design through his collaboration with Disney on the animated short film “Destino.” Although “Destino” was not completed until years later, the abstract and dreamlike qualities of Dalí’s work left an indelible mark on the resort’s aesthetic. The Gran Destino Tower, in particular, echoes Dalí’s flair for the fantastical with its modern, avant-garde design and subtle nods to Spanish surrealism.
The fusion of Disney’s storytelling magic and Dalí’s artistic whimsy creates an atmosphere at Coronado Springs that goes beyond the ordinary. From the moment guests arrive, they are enveloped in an immersive experience that reflects the combined influence of these two creative luminaries. It’s a testament to the enduring impact of collaboration and innovation, resulting in a resort that stands as a unique blend of fantasy, artistry, and the magic that only Disney can deliver.
What is the Gran Destino Tower in Coronado Springs Resort
The Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is a beacon of modern luxury and sophistication within the enchanting world of Walt Disney World. Standing tall and proud, this architectural masterpiece pays homage to the explorers of Spanish descent who once ventured into the unknown. With its striking design and intricate details, the tower offers a seamless blend of contemporary elegance and historical inspiration. Boasting a grand lobby adorned with stunning art and intricate decor, guests are welcomed into a realm of opulence.
The Gran Destino Tower not only elevates the resort’s accommodations with beautifully appointed rooms and suites but also serves as a hub for business and events with its state-of-the-art conference facilities. The rooftop restaurant, Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood, provides not only exquisite cuisine but also breathtaking views of the surrounding Disney landscape. With its unparalleled blend of modern convenience and timeless allure, the Gran Destino Tower stands as a testament to Disney’s commitment to creating magical and memorable experiences for its guests.
Adult Vibe at Coronado Springs Resort
As Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort serves a dual role as a vacation destination and a convention hotel, it naturally caters to a diverse audience, including adults seeking a more sophisticated and refined experience. The Gran Destino Tower, with its modern design and upscale amenities, embodies a level of elegance that resonates with adult guests.
The resort’s extensive conference facilities make it a hub for business events, attracting a mature clientele seeking both leisure and professional engagement. The tranquility of the surrounding areas, combined with the stylish decor, provides a sophisticated atmosphere ideal for those looking to unwind after a day of meetings or to simply enjoy a more adult-oriented Disney experience. Whether savoring a gourmet meal at Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood, indulging in spa services, or enjoying a quiet evening by the water, adults will find that Coronado Springs effortlessly balances the magic of Disney with an elevated, refined ambiance tailored to their preferences.
Dining at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is a foodie paradise with a plethora of options from basic Disney quick service, to small plates, bar food to full table service restaurants. It’s almost as if Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort was made for a couples getaway!
1. Rix Sports Bar & Grill: As the heartbeat of entertainment at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Rix Sports Bar & Grill offers a lively atmosphere for sports enthusiasts. This vibrant venue boasts a diverse menu featuring classic American fare, craft beers, and inventive cocktails. With an array of big-screen TVs, it’s the perfect spot to catch a game or unwind with friends in a casual and energetic setting.
Read More: Rix Sports Bar and Grill
2. Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood: Located atop the Gran Destino Tower, Toledo transports guests to the flavors of Spain. This rooftop restaurant offers breathtaking views of Walt Disney World Resort alongside a menu that showcases the best in Spanish-inspired cuisine. From savory tapas to perfectly grilled steaks and fresh seafood, Toledo is a culinary adventure that combines exquisite flavors with an elegant, sophisticated ambiance.
3. Maya Grill: Immerse yourself in the rich culinary heritage of Mexico at Maya Grill. Nestled within Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, this restaurant invites guests to savor the bold and vibrant flavors of Mexican and American cuisine. The warm and inviting atmosphere, coupled with the diverse menu, makes Maya Grill a perfect choice for those seeking a taste of the Southwest in a welcoming setting.
Read More: Maya Grill Dining Review
4. Three Bridges Bar & Grill: Suspended over Lago Dorado, Three Bridges Bar & Grill offers a unique waterside dining experience. The menu features a fusion of flavors from Spain, Mexico, and the American Southwest, ensuring a delightful journey for the taste buds. Guests can unwind on the terrace, enjoying scenic views and a selection of craft beers, wines, and handcrafted cocktails, making it an ideal spot for relaxation and indulgence.
Read More: Three Bridges Bar and Grill Review
5. Café Rix: For a quick bite or a leisurely coffee break, Café Rix provides a casual and inviting atmosphere. Offering a selection of pastries, sandwiches, and artisanal coffees, this café is the perfect spot to refuel and recharge before heading out to explore the magic of Walt Disney World Resort.
Whether craving the spirited atmosphere of a sports bar, the refined elegance of rooftop dining, the cultural richness of Mexican cuisine, the waterside charm of a grill, or a quick and convenient café experience, Coronado Springs Resort’s dining options cater to every palate, promising a delightful culinary journey for guests.
Pools at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Lost City of Cibola Pool: The crown jewel of aquatic escapes at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, the Lost City of Cibola Pool, is a vibrant and thrilling oasis. Nestled within a 50-foot replica of a Mayan pyramid, the pool offers an exhilarating experience with its water slide winding through the pyramid’s facade. As water cascades down the steps, guests can plunge into the refreshing pool below. Surrounding the pyramid are lush tropical landscapes, creating a picturesque setting for relaxation and play. The nearby Siestas Cantina provides a convenient spot to enjoy refreshing beverages and snacks while basking in the sun or seeking shade under the vibrant umbrellas.
The Dig Site – Explorer’s Playground: Adjacent to the Lost City of Cibola Pool, The Dig Site is an explorer’s paradise. This expansive area features a sand volleyball court, a playground for the little adventurers, and the largest hot tub on Walt Disney World property, accommodating up to 22 guests. For those looking to unwind, the Siestas Cantina offers a variety of poolside refreshments, from tropical drinks to satisfying snacks.
Three Leisure Pools: In addition to the main pool complex, Coronado Springs Resort offers three tranquil leisure pools scattered throughout the property. These smaller, more intimate pools provide a serene escape for guests looking to unwind away from the bustle of the main pool area. Surrounded by lush landscaping and lounge chairs, these pools offer a peaceful retreat for a leisurely swim or a quiet afternoon under the Florida sun.
Casitas and Ranchos Quiet Pools: For those staying in the Casitas or Ranchos sections of the resort, exclusive quiet pools provide a secluded and serene escape. Surrounded by the distinctive architecture of each section and lush greenery, these pools offer a peaceful atmosphere for guests seeking a more tranquil aquatic experience.
Whether seeking the excitement of the Lost City of Cibola Pool, the family-friendly amenities at The Dig Site, the leisurely charm of the smaller pools, or the exclusive tranquility of the Casitas and Ranchos Quiet Pools, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort ensures that every guest can find their perfect poolside retreat within this magical aquatic landscape.
Extras at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
1. La Vida Health Club: Maintaining your wellness routine is a breeze at La Vida Health Club, Coronado Springs’ modern fitness facility. Equipped with state-of-the-art exercise machines, free weights, and a serene yoga studio, guests can stay active and rejuvenate during their stay. The club’s expert staff is on hand to assist with personalized fitness plans and wellness tips, ensuring that guests have everything they need for a health-conscious getaway.
2. Iguana Arcade: For a dose of indoor fun, the Iguana Arcade is the go-to spot for both kids and the young at heart. Bursting with a variety of classic and contemporary arcade games, air hockey, and prize-winning challenges, this vibrant space offers hours of entertainment. It’s the perfect retreat for families or friends looking to engage in some friendly competition and create lasting memories.
3. Movies Under the Stars: As the sun sets over the enchanting Coronado Springs Resort, the atmosphere transforms into a magical cinematic experience with Movies Under the Stars. Guests can gather by the pool or in designated viewing areas to enjoy classic Disney films and family favorites projected onto a large screen under the night sky. It’s a charming way to unwind and share the joy of beloved stories with loved ones.
4. Guided Fishing Excursions: For those seeking a more leisurely outdoor adventure, Coronado Springs offers guided fishing excursions on the scenic Lago Dorado. Guests can cast their lines and try their luck at catching various species of fish while surrounded by the resort’s picturesque landscapes. Whether an experienced angler or a novice, these excursions provide a tranquil and memorable escape for guests of all ages.
5. Campfires and Marshmallow Roasts: Embrace the warmth of a classic campfire at Coronado Springs Resort’s designated fire pit areas. Surrounded by the soothing sounds of nature, guests can relax by the crackling flames and enjoy a quintessential marshmallow roast experience. It’s an ideal opportunity for families and friends to come together, share stories, and savor the simple pleasures of a delightful evening.
From fitness enthusiasts to arcade enthusiasts, outdoor adventurers to movie buffs, Coronado Springs Resort ensures that guests of all ages and interests have a plethora of engaging activities to choose from, adding an extra layer of enjoyment to their Disney getaway.
6. Mickey Mouse Mosaic
Indulge your creative spirit at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort by participating in the enchanting experience of crafting your own Mickey Tile Mosaic, available for an extra charge. Unleash your artistic flair as you carefully arrange vibrant tiles to form the iconic silhouette of Mickey Mouse. Guided by skilled artisans, guests can immerse themselves in this hands-on activity, creating a personalized masterpiece that captures the essence of Disney magic.
The mosaic-making session is not just an artistic endeavor but also a memorable way to bond with friends and family. Once completed, your unique creation serves as a tangible reminder of your magical stay at Coronado Springs, making for a cherished keepsake that can be proudly displayed or taken home as a one-of-a-kind Disney souvenir.
Should You Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Pros of Coronado Springs Resort
- Themed Atmosphere: Coronado Springs Resort offers a rich and immersive theme inspired by Spanish Colonial Mexico, creating a unique and enchanting ambiance for guests.
- Gran Destino Tower: The addition of the Gran Destino Tower brings modern luxury to the resort, with upscale accommodations, contemporary design, and state-of-the-art conference facilities.
- Diverse Dining Options: From the flavors of Mexico at Maya Grill to the rooftop elegance of Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood, the resort provides a diverse range of dining experiences to suit various tastes.
- Extensive Recreational Activities: Guests can enjoy a variety of recreational activities, including the thrilling Lost City of Cibola Pool, quiet pools, fitness facilities, and jogging trails.
- Convenient Disney Transportation: Located in the heart of Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs offers easy access to all the parks and attractions with complimentary Disney transportation, including buses and the Disney Skyliner.
Cons of Coronado Springs Resort
- Size of the Resort: The sprawling layout of Coronado Springs can be extensive, and some guests may find it requires additional time for navigation, especially if staying in the outer buildings.
- Convention Hotel Atmosphere: As a popular choice for conventions and business events, the resort may at times have a more business-oriented atmosphere, which might be less ideal for guests seeking a purely leisure-focused experience.
- Limited Character Interaction: Compared to some other Disney resorts, Coronado Springs may have fewer character meet-and-greet opportunities and themed experiences, which could be a drawback for families with young children.
- Pools Can Be Busy: During peak times, the main pool area, the Lost City of Cibola Pool, and The Dig Site can become crowded, potentially impacting the overall enjoyment for those seeking a quieter poolside experience.
- Extra Charges for Certain Activities: While there are numerous amenities, some activities, such as the creation of a Mickey Tile Mosaic, may incur an extra charge, potentially adding to the overall cost of the stay for guests participating in these experiences.
I am a mother of three that has refused to grow up. Adulting is for the birds, so I go to Disney World every chance I get for that magical escape from reality. I believe that Haunted Mansion is the best ride in all of the Disney Parks, and I am fervently in team Happily Ever After for fireworks spectaculars, (sorry, not sorry, Enchanted). Finally, I hope I never grow tired of skipping down Main Street, USA, and my dream come true would be “friends with” the Fairy Godmother in my old age.