Here are the Walt Disney World permanent closures. These rides and attractions are those that have been recently closed for good. Often, Disney will close the doors of rides, restaurants, and shops to make way for more new, exciting attractions! If you are looking to see what will just be TEMPORARILY closed during your vacation see our Walt Disney World Closures and Refurbishments list. Otherwise, read on to find out the Permanently Closed Attractions at Disney World.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Dream Along with Mickey: Closed April 2, 2016
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Closed Oct. 9, 2016
- Wishes: Ended May 2017
- Habit Heroes inside Innoventions East: Closed Jan. 18, 2016
- The Sum of All Thrills inside Innoventions East: Closed Sept. 13, 2016
- Stormstruck inside Innoventions East: Closed Sept. 13, 2016
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure: Closed Aug. 13, 2017
- The Circle of Life: Closed permanently Feb. 4, 2018
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: Closed April 3, 2016
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure: Closed April 3, 2016
- Studio Catering Co. (Disney’s Hollywood Studios): Closed April 3, 2016
- Mike & Sulley Meet-and-Greet: Closed April 3, 2016
- High Octane Refreshments: Closed April 3, 2016
- Prop Shop: Closed April 3, 2016
- The Writer’s Shop: Closed April 3, 2016
- Watto’s Grotto: Closed April 3, 2016
- New York News: Closed April 3, 2016
- Youse Guys Moychindise: Closed April 3, 2016
- The Great Movie Ride: Closed Aug. 13, 2017
The Animal Kingdom
- Flights of Wonder: Closed on January 1, 2018
- DisneyQuest: Closed permanently July 3, 2017
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe: Closed permanently Aug. 3, 2017
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: Closed permanently Jan. 1, 2018
Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Shark Reef: Closed permanently Oct. 3, 2016
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!