‘Tis the season for decorations, cookies and so much more at Epcot in Walt Disney World. In this guide, we are breaking down what you need to know before you go to Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays.
Epcot Festival of the Holidays Food
What would Epcot be without another food festival? Don’t get me wrong there are no complaints here. It’s a great way to try new foods and have fun exploring all the countries around the world. After digging in on these menus we found that there is a lot of desserts to try and I actually got a Thanksgiving dish vibe from a few of the stops as well.
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen (Germany)
- Prost! (Germany)
- American Holiday Table (The American Adventure)
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen (Canada)
- Feast of the Three Kings (Showcase Plaza)
- Holiday Sweets and Treats (Showcase Plaza)
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen (between Morocco and France)
- Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen (France)
- Sapphire Holiday Kitchen (Morocco)
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen (Italy)
- Shanghai Holiday Kitchen (China)
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen (Japan)
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen (Mexico)
The Cookie Stroll at Epcot is just what you would think a whole lot of yummy cookies! So what exactly is the perk of chowing down on all these cookies around the World? Purchase any five cookies from any of the official cookie stroll locations noted in your Passport, making sure to collect a matching stamp for each cookie purchased. Once you’ve collected 5 stamps, bring the stamped Passport to Holiday Sweets & Treats for a complimentary completer cookie!
This activity is great for the kids, and can be completed at your own pace. You can even bring back your stamped Passport to Epcot at any time during the festival to complete your stroll. And what’s more, there’s a variety of new cookies for you to enjoy this year!
Entertainment for the Festival of the Holidays
The Candlelight Processional takes place every year during the holiday season at Epcot. The show is a re-telling of the birth of Jesus by a celebrity narrator accompanied with a 50 piece orchestra and choir that is filled with cast members and guest school choirs from around the United States. The show happens three times each night at the America Gardens Theater in the America Pavillion at Epcot.
For more information read Disney World Candlelight Processional.
Living with the Land Holiday Overlay
After the sun sets during the Festival, ride Living with the Land for a special, sparkling tour. Enjoy a peaceful evening cruise and view twinkling holiday light displays throughout the greenhouses.
Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree
Chip & Dale are on a scavenger hunt, collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree and they need your help! To get started, simply purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations, including Pin Central, Disney Traders and World Traveler at International Gateway.
As you travel around World Showcase, be on the lookout for Chip & Dale as they gather ornaments from holiday decorations in each World Showcase pavilion. Once you spot them, add the corresponding ornament sticker to your map. Then, take your completed map to Disney Traders or World Traveler and exchange it for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip & Dale!
Maps are $6.99 plus tax, and are available throughout Epcot while supplies last.
Holiday Storytellers and World Holiday Traditions
Experience World Showcase coming alive, sharing traditions of Christmas and holidays around the world. Presented Daily November 29 to December 30, 2019 and your times guide with give you all the information you need to catch them. Plus be on the lookout for my new favorite touch at each location, look for the new Epcot SCROLLS that tell the story of each country’s holiday tradition. Find all 13 of them to collect fun new ideas for celebrating your own holidays and tips for finding unique holiday photo spots in the park.
- Mexico: Las Posadas Celebration – Feliz Navidad! Join the fun and pageantry of Las Posadas with dancers, piñatas and the music of Mariachi Cobre.
- Norway: A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa – Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller.
- China: Chinese Lion Dancer – Catch a glimpse of this colorful performance that brings good fortune and happiness in the Lunar New Year.
- Germany: Chilli Da Mur – NEW! – Join as this accomplished German vocal group celebrates the season with folk music, pop and original songs.
- Italy: La Befana – Listen to the tale of La Befana, a kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping children on the eve of the Epiphany.
- The American Adventure: Santa and Mrs. Claus – Enjoy a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, who have slipped away from their workshop at the North Pole to bring good cheer to you this holiday season.
- Japan: Daruma Storyteller – Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year!
- Morocco: Festivity in Morocco – Join in as a lively band recreates the fun of street festivals and the holiday season across Morocco.
- Between France & Morocco: Hanukkah Storyteller – Join the storyteller Zachary as he shares legends, tells tales and sings songs, highlighting Hanukkah celebrations throughout the world.
- France: Père Noël – Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child.
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas – Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.
- Canada: Canadian Holiday Voyageurs – Explore holiday customs from across the vast regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North.
JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season
Experience the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa through the Gospel, R&B and holiday songs of a spectacular vocal ensemble. Check the Times Guide for performance times.
Voices of Liberty
While this a cappella group performs year-round inside the American Adventure they switch it up for the holiday season. You can embrace the spirit of the season with holiday melodies sung by the Dickens Carolers.
Touring Plan for Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays
Map for Epcot Festival of the Holidays
As always we recommend knowing where you are going before you head to the park. In preparation for your day soaking in all things Festival of the Holidays, we have provided you with a copy of the Epcot Guidemap during the festival for 2019.
Annual Passholder Gift
If you are an Annual Passholder Disney has another magnet in store for you. This year it’s a set of two feature Chip and Dale inside of Christmas ornaments. To pick up your magnet set, visit Mouse Gear between November 29 and December 30, 2019.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!