From an authentic Star Wars cantina on the Outer Rim of the galaxy to exotic creatures, military encampments and daring missions aboard the Millennium Falcon, guests will find plenty of stories to explore as they live their own adventures inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by the Numbers
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge spans more than 14 acres, making it the largest single-themed lands in Disney Parks history.
- More than a dozen venues fill the lands, including Resistance and First Order encampments, a spaceport and a bustling market.
- Two attractions will entice guests to live their own Star Wars adventures – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and (opening later in 2019) Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- There are three entrances into the new land at Disneyland Park, and two at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (otherwise, the lands are nearly identical).
- The Millennium Falcon docked in the Black Spire Outpost Spaceport measures more than 100 feet long.
- Among the ancient-looking spires across the lands, the tallest is more than 130 feet high.
- The lands were created with more than 200,000 square feet of rockwork and approximately 260,000 square feet of themed plaster in each location.
- More than 7,000 props were created for each land.
- Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items, ideal for those looking to take a memory of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge home with them.
- There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
- There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB-series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.
- Five locations within Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge offer guests a chance to purchase food and beverages. The lands’ menus feature more than 50 distinct, out-of-this-world items.
Did You Know these Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Facts?
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge marks the first time a full-size, 100% complete Millennium Falcon has ever been built.
- Guests enter the Millennium Falcon through the same starboard airlock used by Han Solo and Chewbacca in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
- The chess-type game played on the table in the Millennium Falcon main hold and lounge is called Dejarik; guests can sit at the table inside Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and the game is available for purchase in the Toydarian Toymaker marketplace stall.
- At Black Spire Outpost, the droid in charge of music at the local watering hole, Oga’s Cantina, is DJ R-3X, the former Starspeeder 3000 pilot from Star Tours.
- For the soundtrack inside Oga’s Cantina, Walt Disney Imagineering commissioned musicians and composers from around the world to craft original music for a galactic playlist.
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizards and Porgs are among the “critters” guests will find at the Creature Stall. These are just a few of the many items guests may purchase during their visit.
- Academy Award-winning® composer John Williams created an all-new suite of themes written especially for the lands and their attractions.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Development Timeline
- The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm Ltd. In 2012.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been in development since 2014.
- Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced Star Wars-themed lands would open at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios while at the D23 Expo on Aug. 15, 2015.
- Construction in both Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios began in April 2016.
- Approximately 6,700 construction workers and artisans were employed during the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- To operate the land, 1,600 new jobs were created for Disneyland Resort.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, one of two attractions in the lands, will open on both coasts by the end of 2019.
In the comments below let us know what you are most excited to come face to face with once on Batuu!
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!