Don’t laugh, but one of my favorite things about a Walt Disney World vacation is drinking coffee at my resort. While it’d be easy to argue that it’s due to my affinity with caffeine (hi, Joffrey’s I’m your biggest fan) it’s actually because of a tiny detail they put on the cups. If you know, you know but if you don’t, no worries, I’m here to fill you in.
There’s usually a Walt Disney quote on all the cups throughout the resorts and parks. One of the most common quotes on these cups often read, “We keep moving forward — opening up new doors and doing new things.” This quote is part of a description Walt Disney gave about Imagineering and the commitment Walter Elias Disney (commonly referenced to as WED Enterprises) had for the future and promise of a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.
So all of this got me thinking: what ARE the best Disney quotes? And what about them makes them so relatable, all these years later? That’s what I’m going to answer below. So as Walt Disney once said, “the way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
Most Inspiring Walt Disney Quotes
We have to start this list with, what I believe, is the most inspiring Walt Disney quote – “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” Out of everything Walt Disney has ever said, nothing encapsulates his spirit and wild imagination quite like this one. After all, there’s so much strength and beauty in the idea that everything is at our fingertips.
Other wonderful quotes about Walt Disney that will keep you inspired include:
- “Don’t let your fears take the place of your dreams.”
- “One day I learned that dreams exist to come true. And since that day I do not sleep for rest. I sleep just to dream.”
- “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
- “I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.”
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.”
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
- “If you can dream, you can do it.”
- “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
- “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.”
- “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.”
Top 30 Best Disney Quotes About Life, Love and Friendship
- “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.” — Timothy Mouse, Dumbo
- “Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours.” — Olaf, Frozen
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
- “Remember, you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine.” — Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- “You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems.” — Merida, Brave.
- “How do you spell love? You don’t spell love. You feel it.” — Pooh and Piglet, Winnie the Pooh
- “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind.” — Lilo, Lilo and Stitch
- “You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything.” — Mrs. Potts, Beauty and the Beast
- “Sometimes you gotta get through your fear to get to the beauty on the other side.” — the Good Dinosaur
- “Good day to try.” — Quasimodo, Hunchback of Notre Dame
- “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” — Cinderella, Cinderella
- “Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” — Merida, Brave
- “Some people are worth melting for.” — Olaf, Frozen
- “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” — Thumper, Bambi
- “All it takes is faith and trust.” — Peter Pan, Peter Pan
- “I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.” — Edna Mode, The Incredibles
- “Good friends will help you until you’re unstuck.” — Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
- “Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you, I’m home.” — Dory, Finding Nemo
- “Even miracles take a little time.” — Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
- “You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” — Gusteau, Ratatouille
- “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” — Rafiki, The Lion King
- “When life gets you down, you know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming.” — Dory, Finding Nemo
- “Darling, forever is a long, long time. And time has a way of changin’ things.” — Big Mama, The Fox and the Hound
- “If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.” — Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
- “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.” — Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” — Zeus, Hercules
- “Always let your conscience be your guide.” — Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
- “Crying helps me slow down and obsess over the weight of life’s problems.” — Sadness, Inside Out
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” — Hua Zhou, Mulan
- “Everything is possible, even the impossible.” — Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins
Ah, nothing like a good, ole’ Disney quote to remind you that at the end of the day, you are enough and as Christopher Robin says, smarter, stronger and braver than you give yourself credit for. What Disney quote is your favorite? Let us know down in the comments.
As a self-proclaimed Mouseketeer, Courtney Dercqu is a fan of all things Disney. Between decorating her desk with souvenirs from the park, to making unique mouse ears and having a dedicated Disney Instagram, Courtney is a true believer in the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation. Having had more than 200 articles published on various content, Courtney’s excited to share her knowledge and experience with everyone! Be sure to follow her on Instagram for all the Disney magic.