Saving the galaxy this time is gonna take more than a dance-off. Starting May 27, 2022, guests visiting EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort better get ready to crank up the mixtape and blast through an awesome intergalactic chase through time and space in Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
This thrilling new family-friendly coaster matches the “grandosity” and fun of the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, featuring those lovable cosmic misfits – Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora, and Star-Lord. The attraction is another major milestone in the ongoing transformation of EPCOT and debuts as part of the Walt Disney World 50thAnniversary celebration.
Located in the park’s newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT. Xandarians traveled from their homeworld in the Andromeda galaxy to Earth – or Terra, as they call it – to build this Wonders of Xandar pavilion, inviting EPCOT guests to learn more about their people and their advanced technologies. Until the Guardians arrive, anyway, and adventure ensues!
A New Kind of Family Thrill
In addition to the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will offer several other “firsts,” including:
- The first coaster attraction at EPCOT.
- The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
- The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- I am Groot.
The Wonders of Xandar Pavilion
Xandarians have come to Earth and are hard at work building their new EPCOT pavilion. Highlights include:
- The Galaxarium, a sweeping planetarium-style space showcasing planets, stars and other intergalactic wonders that connect Terra and Xandar.
- The Xandar Gallery, where guests will discover more about the Xandarian people, culture and history – including the heroes of Xandar – through specially crafted displays and projections.
- I … am … Grooooot.
Awesome Facts About Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world, housed in one of the largest show buildings ever constructed for a Disney theme park.
- By volume, four Spaceship Earths would fit inside the attraction’s massive new show building.
- Academy Award® nominee Glenn Close reprises her role from “Guardians of the Galaxy” as Nova Prime, the leader of Xandar and commander of the Nova Corps.
- Disney Imagineers were recently on-set for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to film with the Guardians for this new attraction.
- A Starblaster will stand outside the Wonders of Xandar building, the first full-size version of this Xandarian ship ever built.
- AM. GROOT!
|As an Annual Passholder or eligible Disney Vacation Club® Member, you’re invited to a special sneak peek of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, an all-new family thrill coaster at EPCOT®!|
Be on the lookout for a registration email in your inbox soon.
For more on the transformation of EPCOT and the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration, visit WDWNews.com and DisneyParksBlog.com.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!