Great news for all you dog lovers out there! Disney World just announced that four of their hotels will be allowing dogs so you can bring your dog along to Disney World with you. Yup, that’s right Disney World resorts are starting to go pet friendly! For now, this is going to be a special trial program but includes some fun treats like a special doggy bag at check in! Pluto’s gift bag includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps.
For those of you who may be concerned about seeing dogs at resorts fear not! The dog rooms are going to be in a special section of the four Disney World resorts and dogs are only allowed in designated areas. Leaving guests with allergies or any other concerns to enjoy their stay.
Interestingly enough, this change comes shortly after Hurricane Irma hitting Florida. During the hurricane dogs and cats were allowed at Disney resorts to help accommodate those displaced by the hurricane. There were a lot of cute Instagram pictures of people showing off their pets meeting and greeting with characters at the hotels. Clearly, things went smoothly enough in September for them to run a trial in October at select resorts this time.
Here some additional information Disney released on the new dog friendly resort changes:
Four Walt Disney World resort hotels are dog friendly. Each property’s per night/per room pet-cleaning rate is:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
A maximum of two dogs per guest room can be accommodated. Each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
- While there are no in-room services available at this time, Best Friends Pet Care does provide services like doggie day care at its nearby facility on Disney property.
Dogs that are allowed to stay in guest rooms will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
Terms and Conditions on the new Disney dog policy
- Only dogs will be allowed in guest rooms and there is a limit to two dogs per room.
- Guests are responsible for the proper care, behavior and waste maintenance of their dogs throughout the Resort.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and are not allowed on furniture in public spaces.
- Your dog should be supervised at all times while staying on Resort property and should not be left unattended in Guest Rooms for more than 7 hours.
- If left unattended while in the room, dogs should remain silent. If noise is heard you will be called to address the issue within 30 minutes.
- Please display the provided “Do Not Disturb” door hanger outside your Guest room door to alert Cast Members that a dog is present.
- Housekeeping service in Guests rooms where a dog is present is only available when Guests are present. Guest should press the housekeeping button on your in-room phone to schedule a cleaning time at your convenience.
- Dogs should be leashed or restrained at all times while on resort property.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers and other public guest areas.
- Guests with dogs are allowed to use Resort transportation services including Disney’s Magic Express and Minnie Van. In order to use resort transportation, dogs must remain in pet carriers for the duration of transit. All other resort transportation including Monorail and Friendship Boats are only available for use by licensed service animals.
- Dogs are not permitted in the theme parks and Disney Springs. Again, only licensed service animals are allowed in these areas.
- Up-to-date vaccination records must be brought along and should be made available upon request.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!
Need More Help Planning Your Vacation?
A travel agent is an essential resource when planning a vacation. Reach out to Magical Travel and they will make sure your vacation is pure magic and no stress! Their services are 100% FREE to you!