Adventures by Disney will transport guests to the storied land of pharaohs and pyramids in 2020 with the launch of an unforgettable family vacation itinerary in Egypt, a three-part tour featuring adventures by land, river, and sea.
Disney’s roster of guided adventures in 2020 also includes more adult-exclusive departures than ever before, with many itineraries offering new activities and experiences tailored to adults. A reimagined trip to Montana and Yellowstone National Park highlights the return of more than 35 popular itineraries around the globe.
The Ultimate Egypt Experience with Disney
Few destinations boast the singular mystique that makes Egypt a dream destination for travelers from all over the world. With Adventures by Disney, families will be immersed in the allure of both ancient and modern Egypt during a skillfully planned itinerary developed with the trusted family travel expertise of Disney.
The journey will deliver up-close encounters with the legendary landmarks and rich history of ancient Egypt, complemented by interactive introductions to the customs and culture of contemporary Cairo. From there, an enchanting cruise along the Nile River provides access to lesser-known, but no less wondrous, relics of the old world, and an indulgent retreat on the colorful shores of the Red Sea offers a refreshing blend of fun in the sun and relaxation.
Highlights from the 10-day, nine-night Egypt vacation include:
- Visits to breathtaking ancient monuments with the expert guidance of a world-class Egyptologist. These include the world-famous pyramids and Sphinx of Giza; the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun’s tomb; and the temples of Luxor, Kom Ombo, Horus at Edfu, Philae and Karnak.
- Immersive experiences at the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum, which opens to the public in 2020. Here, guests can embark on an interactive King Tut-themed treasure hunt or peruse the museum’s state-of-the-art exhibits at their leisure.
- Access to the inner wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza during a tour of the burial chamber of Pharaoh Cheops.
- Interactive cultural activities, such as a chef-led cooking class on Egyptian specialties, a Nubian folkloric show and henna tattoo experience, and a hieroglyphic writing lesson.
- Picture-perfect outings in surreal settings, like a voyage on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat, visits to lively local markets and a private beachside Bedouin-themed dinner.
- A three-night cruise along the Nile River with premium accommodations and themed entertainment, followed by a two-night stay at a luxurious beachside resort in Sharm El Sheikh, including a full day snorkeling excursion on a private boat to visit the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea.
Adventures by Disney will offer 11 Egypt departures in 2020, five of which are reserved for adult travelers. The adult-only itinerary features an exclusive VIP tour of the conservation rooms at the Grand Egyptian Museum, where millennia-old artifacts lie uncovered and unrestored. This truely is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Adventures by Disney guests.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!