The holiday season is my favorite time of year at Disney World since they go oh so over the top on decorating. Of course, Epcot is no exception to this fact, they actually have a whole event going on around Epcot at Christmas. Every country represented at Epcot jumps in on the festivities. They each share their traditions right down to food. These days it actually feels like a mini continuation of the Epcot International Food and Wine festival that happens in the fall. So here is what to expect during Christmas at Epcot.
The Candlelight Processional takes place every year during the holiday season at Epcot. The show is a re-telling of the birth of Jesus by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50 piece orchestra and choir that is filled with cast members and guest school choirs from around the United States. This years big names include Neil Patrick Harris, the voice of Moana, and many many more!
The show happens three times each night at the America Gardens Theater in the America Pavillion at Epcot. The 2018 Candlelight Processional runs November 22 – December 30. For more read Disney World Candlelight Processional.
Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, which runs from November 18 through December 30, 2018, is returning once again this year. The festival celebrates joyous holiday traditions from around the globe. With 12 Holiday Kitchens as well as additional locations throughout the park, there are deliciously festive dishes around every corner.
Festival of the Holidays Menus
BAVARIA HOLIDAY KITCHEN (GERMANY)
- Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce (Kid-Approved)
- Sauerbraten, Red Cabbage and Spätzle
- Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes featuring Melissa’s Produce (Vegetarian) (Kid-Approved)
- Black Forest Roulade with Cherry Whipped Cream
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Possmann Pure Hard Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
- Possmann Pure Hard Black Currant Apple Cider, Frankfurt, Germany
- Schöfferhofer Pomegranate Hefeweizen, Frankfurt, Germany
- Cider Flight
- Regional Riesling
- Glühwein: House-made Hot Spiced Wine
AMERICAN HOLIDAY TABLE (THE AMERICAN ADVENTURE)
- Slow-roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce (Kid-Approved)
- Hand-carved Smoked Ham with Green Beans and Sweet Potato Casserole (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) (Kid-Approved)
- Chocolate Pecan Tart with Whipped Cream and Caramel Sauce (Vegetarian)
- Red and Green Chocolate Chip Cookie (Vegetarian)
- American Heritage Milk Chocolate Gourmet Hot Cocoa with Wondermade Marshmallows (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- Orange Blossom Brewing Cranberry Kringle Pilsner, Orlando, FL
- Shipyard Eggnog White Porter, Clearwater, FL
- JDub’s Season’s Greetings Peppermint Milk Stout, Sarasota, FL
- Holiday Beer Flight
- Cocoa Candy Cane: American Heritage Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps
YUKON HOLIDAY KITCHEN (CANADA)
- Seared Salmon with Crown Maple Whisky Glaze, Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant
- Traditional French Canadian Tourtiere with Canadian Ketchup (Kid-Approved)
- Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple Mousse rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake with Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Crumble (Vegetarian) (Kid-Approved)
- Gold Chocolate Chip Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Frozen Coffee (non-alcoholic)
- Unibroue Éphémère Strawberry and Rhubarb
- Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
- Inniskillin Pearl Vidal Icewine
- Inniskillin Gold Oak Icewine
- Ice Wine Flight
- Frozen Coffee with Tap 357 Whisky
FEAST OF THE THREE KINGS (SHOWCASE PLAZA)
- Pastelón: Sofrito-marinated Beef with Sweet Plantains and Olives (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Queso Fresco-stuffed Arepa topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Aji and Tomato Sauce (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco (Vegetarian) (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) (Kid-Approved)
- Tres Leches Rice Pudding with Pumpkin Seeds (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Green and White Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Coquito: Tropical Eggnog (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Trey Reyes Mango Golden
- Coquito: Tropical Eggnog with a Bacardi Gold Dark Rum Floater
HOLIDAY SWEETS & TREATS (SHOWCASE PLAZA)
- Peppermint Sundae: Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Peppermint Candy (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) (Kid-Approved)
- Holiday Tree Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Holiday Cookie Stroll Completer Cookie – Red and Green Mickey Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Hot Cocoa (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- TG Lee Eggnog (non-alcoholic)
- Chocolate Apple Shake featuring Twinings Winter Spice Tea (non-alcoholic)
- Shipyard Eggnog White Porter, Clearwater, FL
- Hot Cocoa with Assorted Cordials (Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Liqueur or Fireball Cinnamon Whisky)
- Firenog: T.G. Lee Eggnog with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- Chocolate Apple Shake featuring Twinings® Winter Spice Tea and Butterscotch Schnapps
L’CHAIM! HOLIDAY KITCHEN (BETWEEN MOROCCO AND FRANCE)
- Pastrami on Rye with House-made Pickles and Deli Mustard
- Potato Knish with Herb Sour Cream (Vegetarian) (Kid-Approved)
- Chicken and Matzo Ball Soup
- Black and White Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Egg Cream: Milk, Chocolate Syrup and Seltzer (non-alcoholic)
- Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager
- Blue Cosmo Cocktail
REFRESHMENT OUTPOST (NEAR AFRICA OUTPOST)
- Warm Caramel Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce (Kid-Approved)
- Shipyard Eggnog White Porter, Clearwater, FL
REFRESHMENT PORT (NEAR CANADA)
- Turkey Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Relish and Crispy Onions
- Eggnog Shake (non-alcoholic)
- Eggnog Shake with Baileys Irish Cream
FIFE & DRUM (THE AMERICAN ADVENTURE)
- Holiday Apple Pie Sundae with Soft-serve Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Crunchy Streusel Topping (Kid-Approved)
- Budweiser Reserve Collection Copper Lager
TASTE TRACK (NEAR TEST TRACK)
- Croissant Doughnut tossed in Cinnamon Sugar
- Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate and Holiday Sprinkles (Kid-Approved)
- Croissant Doughnut with Eggnog Pastry Cream and Gingersnap Crumbs
- Pancake Milkshake (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red
LE MARCHE DE NOËL HOLIDAY KITCHEN (FRANCE)
- Napoléon de Saumon Fumé, Brioche à L’aneth: Smoked Salmon Napoleon in a Dill Brioche
- Bouchée à la Reine Traditionnelle: Turkey and Mushrooms in a Veloute Cream Sauce served in a Light Puff Pastry
- Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log”: Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache
- Spiced Rum Punch Slush: Spiced Rum, Rhum Clement V.S.O.P., Orange and Pineapple Juice with Cinnamon
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot Blend, Château La Grand Moulin, Blaye, Côtes de Bordeaux
- Holiday Kir: Sparking Wine and Monin Cranberry Syrup
- Willm, Brut Blanc de Blanc Sparking Wine
SAPPHIRE HOLIDAY KITCHEN (MOROCCO)
- Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab with Whole Wheat Pita, Cucumber, Olives, Tomatoes, Mint Yogurt Sauce and Harissa-cilantro Dressing
- Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum with Cinnamon Granny Smith Apple, Toasted Almonds, Brussels Sprouts and Pinot Noir Glaze
- “Sfenj” – Warm Beignets with Cream, Cinnamon Sugar, Toasted Almonds and Chocolate Sauce
- Casa Beer
- Kasbah Prestige Red Wine
- The Andalusian “Poinsettia” Cocktail: Sparking Wine, Orange Liqueur and Cranberry Juice topped with Orange Blossom Water
- Walnut Spiced Coffee with Walnut Liqueur and topped with Cinnamon and Whipped Cream
TUSCANY HOLIDAY KITCHEN (ITALY)
- Cavatappi ai Quattro Formaggi: Baked Four-Cheese Pasta, Parmesan Crumble and Truffle Essence (Kid-Approved)
- Mozzarella in Carozza: Golden-crusted Fried Mozzarella Sandwich and Tomato Sauce (Kid-Approved)
- Crespelle di Mele: Cinnamon Apple Fritters and a Vanilla Sauce Drizzle with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Bacio al Cioccolato: Warm Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
- Panettone Mignon: Miniature Traditional Italian Christmas Fruitcake
- Moretti Lager
- Moretti La Rossa Double Malt Beer
- Pinot Grigio
SHANGHAI HOLIDAY KITCHEN (CHINA)
- Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls (Kid-Approved)
- Mongolian Beef Bao Bun and a Fortune Cookie
- Celebration Barbecue Pork with Steamed Rice and a Fortune Cookie
- Spicy Mala Chicken with Steamed Rice and a Fortune Cookie
- Sweetened Bubble Milk Tea: Mango Flavored Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls (non-alcoholic)
- Jasmine Beer
- Plum Wine
SHI WASU HOLIDAY KITCHEN (JAPAN)
- New Year Celebration Soba: Buckwheat Soba Noodles in Hot Dashi Soup with Chicken and Spinach
- Holiday Green Tea “Yule Log”: Delicate Spongecake rolled with Whipped Cream Filling
- Ichigo Milk Boba: Popping Strawberry Boba Cream Drink with Japanese Calpico (non-alcoholic)
- Sapporo Draft Beer
- Cinnamon Apple Cider: Plum Wine, Orange Juice with Lemonade and Apples
LAS POSADAS HOLIDAY KITCHEN (MEXICO)
- Enchilada de Pollo con Mole: Chipotle Chicken in a Corn Tortilla topped with Mole Negro and garnished with Shredded Oaxaca Cheese and Sesame Seeds
- Tamal de Camarón: Corn Tamal stuffed with Guajillo-marinated Shrimp topped with Mole Rojo and Shredded Cotija Cheese
- Arroz Con Leche: Rice Pudding with Cranberries
- Cerveza Mexicana Artesanal: Allende Mexican Craft Ale served with a Floater of Kahlúa
- Noche Buena Margarita: Libélula Joven Tequila, Cranberry and Lime Juices and Agave Nectar topped with Lime Foam and Sprinkles
- La Posada Margarita: Cazadores Blanco Tequila, Horchata-Cinnamon Liqueur, and Agua de Horchata topped with Cinnamon
ADDITIONAL FESTIVAL LOCATIONS:
L’Artisan Des Glaces
- Glace au Pain d’Epices: Gingerbread Ice Cream with Gingerbread Pieces (Kid-Approved)
Boulagnerie Patisserie Les Halles
- Bûche de Noël au Chocolate: Chocolate Christmas Log with Chocolate Mint Cream Mousse and Chocolate Crunch Biscuit (Kid-Approved)
UK Beer Cart
- T.G. Lee Eggnog (non-alcoholic)
- T.G. Lee Eggnog with Irish Whiskey
UK Tea Caddy
- Twinings Iced Christmas Toddy: Twinings Iced Christmas Tea with Honey (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- Twinings Iced Christmas Toddy: Twinings Iced Christmas Tea with Honey & Drambuie
Norway- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
- Traditional Holiday Rice Cream
Fountain View Café
- Mickey Santa Hat Cupcake
Canada Popcorn Cart
- Pecan Maple Bark featuring Crown Maple Sugar
Funnel Cake (The American Adventure)
- Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Future World East: Mistletoe Mile – Brown Jug Bourbon Cream with Eggnog topped with Whipped Cream and a dash of Cinnamon
- Canada: Naughty and Nice – Grey Goose and Kahlúa with Eggnog topped with Whipped Cream and a dash of Cinnamon
- Showcase Plaza: Rum Rudolph – RumChata with Eggnog topped with Whipped Cream and a dash of Cinnamon
- The American Adventure: Cheerful Elf – Baileys Salted Caramel with Eggnog topped with Whipped Cream and a dash of Cinnamon
Voices of Liberty
You can join this fantastic singing group just inside the America Adventure pavilion in the rotunda. While the rest of the year they sing timeless patriotic tunes they switch it up during the holiday season. During this time you can hear your favorite holiday classics.
Peace on Earth Illuminations
During the holiday season Illuminations features a special holiday ending! The times are November 18 – December 23, 2018 at 9:30 p.m. nightly and from December 24 – 30 at 10:00 p.m. nightly. The “Peace on Earth” holiday finale is narrated by Walter Cronkite. For tips on the best viewing spots read Best Epcot Firework Viewing Locations.
Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season
Experience the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa in the uplifting Gospel, R&B, and holidays songs of the ‘Joyful!’ vocal ensemble, with daily performances at the Future World Fountain Stage.
If your curious about how the rest of the world celebrates their holiday traditions then look no further than the Holiday Storytellers at Epcot. Each country shares their traditions in less than 15 minutes. Storytellers share their stories through December 30, 2017 and you can check your times guide to find the exact appearance times.
- Canada: The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs will take you on a musical journey across the Great White North. Exploring unique holiday traditions from the various regions of Canada.
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas tells tales of Christmas past dating back to 15th century England.
- France: Pere Noel awaits your visit as he unfolds magic of Christmas with a letter from a child.
- Japan: Here you will find Daruma who tells the story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year.
- American Adventure: They have presenters for both Hannukah and Kwanzaa. Plus you can even see Santa!
- Italy: La Befana is Italy’s good Christmas witch. She comes down the chimney of the little bambinos (children) and leaves them treats. La Befana remembers the Epiphany and her first Christmas 2,000 years ago.
- China: Enjoy the Chinese Lion Dance, which brings good fortune during the celebrations of Lunar New Year and the Lantern Festival.
- Norway: Here Sigrid will give you all details of celebrating Christmas in Norway. Plus she will tell you of the mischievous Julenissen, or Christmas Gnome. Be forewarned though, Julenissen has been known to play a little trick or two on the storyteller herself.
- Mexico: Celebrate with mariachis and dances with a holiday fiesta. Share in the music, dance and traditions of the season.
Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree
This game is similar to the other low-cost scavanger hunts they do throughout the year. This time Chip & Dale are on a scavenger hunt, collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. To get started, simply purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations, including Pin Central, Disney Traders and World Traveler at International Gateway.
As you travel around World Showcase, be on the lookout for Chip & Dale as they gather ornaments from holiday decorations in each World Showcase pavilion. Once you spot them, add the corresponding ornament sticker to your map. Then, take your completed map to Disney Traders or World Traveler and exchange it for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip & Dale!
Maps are $6.99 plus tax, and are available throughout Epcot while supplies last.
So what are you looking forward to doing most at Epcot for Christmas? I can’t wait to get my hands on some of the new tasty holiday treats coming to the food booths! Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
I have been visiting the parks annually since my parents first brought me at just a year old. Recently I was able to fulfill my life long dream of being a Florida local and moved from the wintery Northeast to the sunshine and fun of central Florida. Now I am hoping to share my Disney knowledge with you so you can have the best vacation possible!