For years I had a tradition of mailing postcards back home when we were on a trip at Walt Disney World. Of course, now that I live next door, it’s a little different. This is a great souvenir idea, I mean who doesn’t enjoy getting a handwritten note in the mail? In the digital age, it may be hard to believe, but there are mailboxes that are scattered all across the resort. If you put a letter in one of these boxes they do get collected and sent off to the local post office! So if mailing something interests you for your next trip, here is how to mail letters from Walt Disney World.
Where to Get Stamps at Disney World
Popular in park locations that carry stamps are:
- Camera Center (Epcot)
- Oscar’s Super Service (Disney Hollywood Studios)
- The Outpost (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park)
- Garden Gate Gifts (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park)
- World Of Disney (Disney Springs area)
Plus the gift shops at the Disney Resorts sell stamps.
When you purchase your postcard just ask the cast member if they also have stamps at that location. If they don’t sell them or are out they will be able to point you in the direction of the nearest location that does!
Mailbox Locations at Disney World
Mailbox inside the lobby of Beach Club, Walt Disney World.
Postcards and letters with postage already applied can be mailed from any mailbox located throughout the theme parks. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled if you are looking for a box inside the park, they are incredibly well themed. You can also mail things at the Front Desk of Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
The Magic Kingdom Mailboxes
- Underneath Main Street Train Station
- Main Street
- Town Hall
- Trading Post building (Country Bears side)
Epcot Mailbox Locations
- Entrance Plaza
- Inside the Mexico Pavillion
- Innovations Breezeway
The Animal Kingdom Mailbox
- Harambe, Africa
- Garden Gate Gifts, just inside the main entrance
Hollywood Studios Mailbox
- Oscar’s Super Service just inside the main entrance
Special Disney Mail Tips
- Instead of just sending a note, have a character autograph the postcard. That will thrill the recipient!
What mailboxes have you spotted or mailed things from at Disney World? Let us know in the comments below! If you are looking for more ideas read Disney Souvenirs Under Ten Dollars.