What is considered Walt Disney World’s biggest event, Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival runs from August 31 – November 13, 2017. This year is once again the longest year ever, Disney is constantly trying to top themselves. If you look back to three years ago the event is now a month longer!
What is Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival is an event held every fall here at Walt Disney World. The festival includes food booths, special events, chef demos, and live concerts!
Food Booths at Epcot Food and Wine
In 2017, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival will feature 35 different food booths scattered across World Showcase. There are 35 booths this year in honor of Epcot’s 35th anniversary which will happen in the middle of the festival.
Each booth offers up local selections from that country. Each menu item is small, think tapas or a mini appetizer. The items range in price from $4.00 – $8.00 and drinks ranging from $3-$6.
For the full menu listings, be sure to check out our menu page which will be updated throughout the entire festival.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
The concert lineup for 2017:
- Aug. 31-Sept. 1 – Delta Rae “Bottom of the River”
- Sept. 2-3 – The Hooters NEW! “And We Danced”
- Sept. 4-5 – Baha Men NEW! “Who Let the Dogs Out”
- Sept. 6-7 – Fuel “Shimmer”
- Sept. 8-10 – STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- Sept. 11-12 – Lauren Alaina NEW! “Road Less Traveled”
- Sept. 13-15 – Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah”
- Sept. 16-17 – Sister Hazel “All For You”
- Sept. 18-20 – Air Supply “All Out of Love”
- Sept. 21-22 – David Cook “Light On”
- Sept. 23-24 – Everclear “Santa Monica”
- Sept. 25-27 – Sugar Ray “Every Morning”
- Sept. 28-29 – 38 Special “Hold On Loosely”
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Mark Wills NEW! “19 Somethin’”
- Oct. 2-3 – American Authors NEW! “Best Day of My Life”
- Oct. 4-5 – Christopher Cross “Sailing”
- Oct. 6-8 – Devon Allman NEW! “Ragged and Dirty”
- Oct. 9-11 – Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX “Come Sail Away”
- Oct. 12-13 – Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart”
- Oct. 14-15 – Jeffrey Osborne “On the Wings of Love”
- Oct. 16-17 – Postmodern Jukebox NEW! Various Hits
- Oct. 18-20 – 10,000 Maniacs NEW! “Because the Night”
- Oct. 21-22 – Toad The Wet Sprocket “Walk on the Ocean”
- Oct. 23-24 – Kenny G NEW! “Songbird”
- Oct. 25-26 – Billy Ocean “Get Outta My Dreams”
- Oct. 27-29 – Tiffany “I Think We’re Alone Now”
- Oct. 30-Nov. 1 – Hanson “MMMBop”
- Nov. 2-3 – Blue October NEW! “Into the Ocean”
- Nov. 4-5 – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”
- Nov. 6-8 – Boyz II Men “End of the Road”
- Nov. 9-11 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”
- Nov. 12-13 – Squeeze NEW! “Black Coffee in Bed”
If you have a Chase debit or credit card you are not going to want to miss checking out this exclusive lounge area. It is located above the American Pavillion looking out to the concert theater. Inside the lounge, you have access to charging stations, free refreshments and of course the wonderful AC!
Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt
Journey around world showcase and try to find all the hidden Remys! Once you find them you place the stickers on your map. Once you complete, return for a special prize! If you are familiar with the scavenger hunt for Easter it is the exact same thing just new figures to find.
If you are looking to attend one of the talks be prepared to arrive early. These seminars have been trickier to get into in recent years. With the locals flooding in and hogging up all the seats Disney had to make some changes to level out the playing fields. So now most seminars are offered at an upcharge.
If you are looking to attend one of these free seminars be sure to check the daily time’s guide.
Low-Cost Culinary Demonstrations
At $15 a person for these seminars you just can’t go wrong! Since these are paid you can expect that your samples are going to be much better than the freebies. You may want to consider one of these instead of sampling out at the booths, often times it’s a better value.
Disney will shortly release a schedule of the culinary demos, and advance booking info on its Food & Wine Festival Culinary Demos page.
Disney also has pricey seminars that are more like special events. And when I say pricey I mean it, you can expect to pay well over $100 per person. They are the perfect thing to splurge on if you are celebrating or looking to surprise a foodie on your trip.
Here are some of the premium special events:
- Interactive culinary adventures in the Disney resorts encourage guests to ask the experts, taste and cook alongside our chefs at select Deluxe Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Consider yourself a mixologist? “Mix It, Make It Celebrate It” is a hands-on workshop gives guests the opportunity to learn from professional chefs in cake decorating, garnishing, cocktail mixing, and other culinary activities.
- Rockin’ Burger Block Parties feature a celebrity chef and all-you-can-eat sliders and drinks.
- Party for the Senses returns weekends in October.
- Enjoy Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? There’s the Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses October 28 and 29. At the party, you can expect dancing and gourmet tasting, complete with Champagne, wine, craft beers, and specialty cocktails paired with food.
- “What’s Cookin’ With…” features some of the country’s top celebrity chefs, beginning in the morning with a delightful plated brunch and sparkling wine toast. This starts with a demo, followed by the chefs answering questions from the audience and sharing their anecdotes.
Watch a Live Taping of the Chew
Ever wonder what it would be like to be in the live audience for a television show? You have your chance if you are going to be visiting the World October 4 – 6th. Try your chance at entering to win tickets here.
Final Thoughts on Food and Wine Festival
If you like food or drinking you are bound to enjoy this event. My husband and I look forward to attending this event each year. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon and to try out new food.
On the other hand, this event brings in loads of people and causes Epcot to be a non-stop packed house for the duration of the festival. Watch out for the weekend when the locals drop in and make everything extra packed.
Get Your Free Planning Video
Click the Banner Below to Get Yours!